A very good question. I wish I had an answer but jury's still out so to speak. And I am contemplating. Being a slow person it will take week to month to form an opinion on this matter and will welcome any insights or opinions provided.at what cost?
Yes, and they surely have done their best to try and retard to this day. Those who aim to retard have been effective in their aim with their despicable methods. And it is not a tradegy of just a single scientist or science but that of modern western society.every work-day he is not doing science is a "win" for those who aim to retard the advance of the science.
This is true, but he has already been the chosen target for public and personal attacs, and in that sense nothing changes. Just the public form and venue. Another ring of the same "circus" perhaps? But this time it has the potential of a Dayton. Therefore I wish this goes to trial and then has the widest publicity possible. The scientist and science has nothing to loose.defending the name a science in the courts makes him an actor.
I loved his book. (*delays the revised edition of his book.
WHO? WHO causes and spreads such fear? WHO scares the young from doing benefical research? Certainly not the scientist but the very people who aim to retard the advance of the science!scares the young wanting to focus on research away from climate research.
For me the sad day is only when scientists have all been silenced. They're working on that, i hear. Or maybe not. Maybe they just want to silence only one or two chosen scientists and then all others will be just fine.a sad day. (that knowing all of the above, he decided it best to act.)
*) Apparently this reviewer did too:
"I have no idea why I bought this book. Before I read it I was a denier extraordinaire. All I ever read about the issue was articles that bashed the pro AGW side. Articles that said how evil the IPCC scientists were. And repeated those things every chance I got.
After I read this book, I hope I am a much humbler man. My mom always told me there are 2 sides to every issue, hopefully I've learned that lesson for the last time. I am actually ashamed that I believed all climate change scientists were conspiring to keep the truth away from the public just to keep the research grants coming in. I actually e-mailed Dr. Mann to apologize for the things I mindlessly repeated.
I have now joined the ranks of the skeptics, and will look at both sides of the issue, and follow the evidence where ever it goes.
If your a denier like I was, join the ranks of skeptics. Read this book and let the evidence take where ever it goes."
[and as amazon reviews goes, don't know if genuine]
Last edited:
!