OK: 10 examples of "alarmist" statements by me, i.e. assertions about future climate that is exaggerated and not backed up by scientific evidence.
(that is my definition of alarmist. I have not seen your definition but it seems to be anyone who disagrees with you judging by the posts here

)
Why do you think alarmism is contingent on it not being scientific? That never really occurred to me.
Not sure what you mean.
Are you agreeing that the measures taken to curb CO2 emission are not effective enough to affect the CO2 measurements yet?
I haven't looked at the growth in CO2 sources like coal plants and concrete world wide. At least not enough to know if they are overshadowing any effort to curb CO2 or not.
What I mean by saturated is that a source or sink of CO2 is not emiting or absourbing CO2. That is not the case for the ocean or plants. It might be the case for dead plants.
Yes that's what I meant as well (I'm not sure if it's the correct term or not for a system)
I don't really know how the earth climate system absorbs and emits CO2 naturally and how it relates to the CO2 we are producing. The volume levels are somewhat of a mystery to me at least. That is to say I can't tell you how many 200MW coal plants have to close in order for it to be noticed at Mauna Loa.
There is no linear increase

.
The percentage increase is linear. Otherwise it wouldn't be 1% (or 0.5%) each year. So that increase is linear, the increase from that increase isn't linear, obviously.
Then we are back to the first option: The measures taken to curb CO2 emission are not effective enough to affect the CO2 measurements yet.
I'm looking for something, a study, that might help answer this but nothing yet.
I never said that that was how the COs concentration trending. The
existing data is more likely to fit of x = a + by + cy2 than an exponential fit (your 1% per year).
The first thought at a trend would be to extend the fit into the future. That is a basic business as usual (BAU) scenerio.
A better method is to model the amount of CO2 under various scenarios as done in several papers and summarized by the IPCC AR4 report.
If that's the purpose of the study. Otherwise they just use the 1%.
You have finally almost come up with a valid point

.
It is possible that your speculation that all of the CO2 saved (over decades?) of running these electric cars will somehow be overwhelmed by
- The CO2 cost of the components (assuming that they actually come from China) in the new cars.
- The extra CO2 cost of junking the cars (compared to ordinary cars) at the end of their life.
Now do you have any evidence for this or is this just personal speculation?
Otherwise the replacement of cab fleets with electric cars is obviously reducing CO2, though I doubt that someone would publish paper with the simple (b-a)X tonnes of CO2 per year equation where X = number of cars, b = tonnes of CO2 per year emitted by a petrol car, a = tonnes of CO2 CO2 per year emitted by an electric car (zero!).
If it were only that simple.
The police here are looking at outfitting every vehicle in the fleet with battery packs. Instead of idling they will be able to turn off the vehicles and still use their lights and computers and even HVAC. The took the average amount of time spent idling, figured out how much gas they were using and translated that into a dollar value of savings. A savings that of course will pay for the conversions. It's a no brainer right?
Not AFAIC. I know machines and I know machines like to run. What they don't like is stopping and starting. That's where you get your wear and tear and that's why the cab I drove 1 summer had 800K on an LT1 conversion that ran as good as the day it came off the line. Maybe better.
Nobody seems to be thinking about this. All they see is the gas and CO2 saved and not what this will do to the engines. I don't know off hand how many times the average cruiser stops and starts every day but it's a lot more than your average car. You can bet that this is going to have a detrimental effect on the engine.
Will the savings offset the added wear and tear? Maybe, gas is getting expensive. But nobody knows because they are so wrapped up in saving CO2 and slapping a "green" sticker on the side of the cruisers.
That was a while ago and I don't know if they've done a more in depth study yet or not. The point is people have a tendency to try and simplify things and it usually results in some oversight. Sometimes it's minor and a simple fix, other times it results in scrapping everything and going back to the ay it was. When we're talking about global warming an issue this big really needs to be looked at in more depth than I think it is.