I don't think 4c is an unrecognised planet tho if another 2 is in the pipeline then maybe.
I just don't think less than 4 with 500 ppm is a sensible combination of possible outcomes unless ( and that might just be the case ) there is an awful lot of aerosol countering the increased retention with lower radiation reaching the surface.
Do we even have an aerosol monitoring that is accurate??
so you are ending at 1.6 C above 20th century average at 500 ppm....wow - I don't think I could find a single analysis that would support that.
C02 is incremental so .8 embedded would be more to the tune of 1.2 embedded
You've got a lot more confidence in the ocean than I do.
It looks to me like you and others are stuck in that perception and are using what
is visible about the topic, a visibility that has been mostly determined by the actions of denialism.
Denialists have no scientific reason whatsoever but, holly molly! they have been partially successful in determining the whole agenda on the topic, and quite successful in determining what is visible and debated in popular arenas. They have been totally successful even in promoting self-censorship in the scientific community.
So you are saying «
I don't think I could find a single analysis that would support that» and I want to reply to that, why not your own?
If you and others could bear with me during the next posts and participate in a collective exercise. The worse thing that could happen is learning something.
I want to start with this:
This is the yearly mean temperature at the -700m ocean layer. 0-700m was traditionally used to measure ocean heat content as keeping track of deeper values was costly and it was supposed to be pretty irrelevant to the total heat transactions. I've already referred the image of this layer's heat content (
http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/OC5/3M_HEAT_CONTENT/heat_content55-07.png) which shows nowadays a plateau effect lasting almost a decade, what is mimicking/mimicked by surface temperatures showing an even longer lasting plateau. This stagnation in a period of CO2 content climbing 25 ppmv is in the denialist mentality a smack in the face that the Earth is giving to climate science in order to disprove AGW.
Let's put all this aside for a moment. I invite you to join me and collectively answer a couple of questions while we're taking a look to the image above:
The first one is an easy one -one I often use to show denialists don't know shill from shinola-: If the average temperature of the Earth is about 15°C and the Earth has a hot core, and temperatures raise some average of 1°C each 30-35 metres when we go down into the crust, why on Earth can the ocean be at 10°, 6° and even 2°C at -700m? What causes it? If we speak of short and long terms, how does this work?
The second one is not so easy and points towards the "where's the heat?" question: Why on Earth can be this layer at 6°C at the Equator and be more than 10°C near Ireland or the English Channel? How can you explain this feature? Is there another noticeable feature you see on the image above?
About the bit "Why on Earth can be this layer at 6°C at the Equator and be more than 10°C near Ireland or the English Channel?" we may use a multiple choice:
a) Because thermometers are not reliable
b) Because there's an international conspiracy to feign AGW and do business.
c) Because there's a climate-related subsystem I should know.
d) Because the dinosaur-killing meteorite fallen in Yucatan coming from SW indeed did skipping and there are still remains of its heat.
Any ideas?