• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Gas pumped into Gaza tunnels

So gassing people in tunnels or collapsing them on people is just a normal thing countries do?

I can't at short notice think of a comparable situation. The closest would be those under the Berlin Wall but they were far fewer in number.
 
Yes.

You don't include Egypt, who also gets billions from the US. Something on the order of only a few hundred million less than Israel.

Egypt doesn't run around the globe, or have their wanna-be expatriates running around the world, declaring how democratic and wonderful they are.
 
So you hold Egypt to a different standard.

Got it.

I guess Russia, too. And I assume Somalia, Sudan, etc. all have different standards.
 
So you hold Egypt to a different standard.

Got it.

I guess Russia, too. And I assume Somalia, Sudan, etc. all have different standards.

yes. i do not expect as much from authoritarian and Islamic extremist regimes, as I do from western democracies.

and neither should you.
 
yes. i do not expect as much from authoritarian and Islamic extremist regimes, as I do from western democracies.

and neither should you.

So it makes it "ok" for them to do certain things?

What kind of sense does that make?
 
Those poor Gazans.

I guess Egypt's taking such a hard tack because they don't recognize Hamas as the legitimate gov't of Gaza?
 
Those poor Gazans.

I guess Egypt's taking such a hard tack because they don't recognize Hamas as the legitimate gov't of Gaza?
No, it's because they recognize that Hamas is an internationally recognized terrorist group and that international law makes it illegal to materially support a recognized terrorist group.

Now, since the Gazans unfortunately elected said terrorist group as their government it is illegal to trade with the government of Gaza.

Thus, all goods flowing into Gaza must go to people, groups, and organizations not controlled by Hamas.

Who'd of thought there could be consequences for electing an internationally recognized terrorist group as your government? :rolleyes:
 
Korean tunnels are smaller in number (almost certianly) and not being used for active movement of people and goods on a day to day basis.
For the past fifty plus years, I'll agree on your statement in re commercial goods, but as to people, like NK spec ops, well, they are people moving via tunnel.

Frequency? I'll guess you are right, it squares with the small amount I know on that matter.

DR
 
I want to know what I need to do for parky to not expect anything from me, since apparently it means he then thinks I can do anything I want.
 
No, it's because they recognize that Hamas is an internationally recognized terrorist group and that international law makes it illegal to materially support a recognized terrorist group.

Now, since the Gazans unfortunately elected said terrorist group as their government it is illegal to trade with the government of Gaza.

Thus, all goods flowing into Gaza must go to people, groups, and organizations not controlled by Hamas.

Who'd of thought there could be consequences for electing an internationally recognized terrorist group as your government? :rolleyes:

It's more electing an internationally recognized terrorist group who's ideology is rather close to Hosni Mubarak's most significant internal oposition groups.
 
Why don't we hear about this in the media?

Why is there no outrage, no demonstrations no.....Oh wait.

It's done by Egypt.

Never mind.

Why aren't you outraged?

I've criticised Egypt on this forum, including when they shot at Palestinians fleeing Gaza during the war.

Mubarak is a bastard. The sooner he dies the better.
 
Why aren't you outraged? I've criticised Egypt on this forum, including when they shot at Palestinians fleeing Gaza during the war.
They were justified then as well, as a sovereign nation, to defend the penetration of their borders by unwelcome intruders.
Mubarak is a bastard. The sooner he dies the better.
When he dies, who or what do you expect will replace him?

Please be realistic.

Do you wish to see the Camp David accords overturned? That is a possible outcome if the Muslim Brotherhood reaches significant political power in Egypt. Not a certainty, but one possible way for things to play out.

This extended play "cult of the victim" farce played out, on the international stage, by the Pals, has in a large part been made possible by the cessation of fighting between Israel and Egypt (and to a lesser extent Jordan). Specific to the case of Gaza, which Israel ceded (albeit reluctantly, I think) to the Pals, the Pals have fared better than under the rule of the Egyptians, who did NOT release control of that strip of land. Again, it has been to the benefit of the Pals that Israel is at general peace with its neighbors (Syria being an oddball case) such that the Pal issue can bubble to the forefront as a matter seeking resolution. The Pals can take no credit for any of the initiatives that set this stage: reduced tension between Israel and its neighbors. Indeed, the Pals actually act as a catalyst for further tension between Israel and its neighbors.

They are still beholden to others, and have little to offer at a negotiation table.

Pretty sad position to be in.

DR
 
Last edited:
I want to know what I need to do for parky to not expect anything from me, since apparently it means he then thinks I can do anything I want.

nice strawman.

I hold Egypt to a much lower standard then I do Israel. I also believe that Egypt should get little to NO foreign aid, due to this.

I see no reason to give one dollar of American money to authoritarian regimes. we are basically bribing Egypt not to attack Israel. this is pathetic.
 
They were justified then as well, as a sovereign nation, to defend the penetration of their borders by unwelcome intruders.

Egypt ratifed the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees back in 1981.
 
Egypt ratifed the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees back in 1981.
You appear to assume that anyone crossing the border is a refugee, by default, it seems.

Wrong, again.

The Egyptians were not born last week, ya know.

DR
 
You appear to assume that anyone crossing the border is a refugee, by default, it seems.

Wrong, again.

The Egyptians were not born last week, ya know.

DR

No but you are meant to check before shooting them.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom