• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Gage: Hell No I Ain't Reading Mackey's White Paper

I hate to say it but Kader might not be considered a high rise.

I looked it up, this is funny, ergo in his haste did not copy the most important part of the description of a high rise:

NFPA 5000TM-2002, define high-rise buildings
as buildings 75 feet or greater in height
measured from the lowest level of fire
department vehicle access to the floor of the
highest occupiable story.
Lowest fire department vehicle access is street level.
 
Last edited:
I hate to say it but Kader might not be considered a high rise.

I looked it up, this is funny, ergo in his haste did not copy the most important part of the description of a high rise:

NFPA 5000TM-2002, define high-rise buildings
as buildings 75 feet or greater in height
measured from the lowest level of fire
department vehicle access to the floor of the
highest occupiable story.



Lowest fire department access is street level.

By some definitions, and its close, but of course Ergo is focusing only on the ones that benefit his position. As with most things 9/11 related what doesn't confirm his beliefs is irrelevant.
 
Why would I restate what I have given you time and time again? I guess it is the comprehension.


(A: Shek figured out that the minimum 35m is 114.8 feet, thus he "guesses" that the Kader building was "~115" feet! :D)
 
(A: Shek figured out that the minimum 35m is 114.8 feet, thus he "guesses" that the Kader building was "~115" feet! :D)

Sigh...had you read your own source you would know they provide figures for given lengths. But yes Ergo if I was you I would have done it just like that.

But like and said, and you failed to comprehend 4 times over.

Judging by the source you provided the height is estimated around 35m = ~115 ft with 4 floors.

Ever think to go to your source, the one you never read, and look? Well that would mean you would have to understand what you're reading.
 
Last edited:
[ergo] Thanks DGM for taking the time to find the complete spec[/ergo]

No problem, it's only fair.

Um, I'm the one who found it. :boggled:

You apparently didn't read it the first time around.
 
Sigh...had you read your own source you would know they provide figures for given lengths.

We're not talking about "lengths". We are talking about building height.

If Kader factory was 115 feet tall, that would mean each storey was around 28.75 feet tall. This would be pretty good loft for a modern multi-level factory. Is this something you would assume for a Thai sweatshop where worker health and safety were of little concern?

Why not just employ a little common sense next time?
 
Um, I'm the one who found it. :boggled:

You apparently didn't read it the first time around.
So why were you harping on the vehicle access and not the floor of the highest occupiable story? That cuts a whole floor off the factory (including the roof).
 
We're not talking about "lengths". We are talking about building height.

If Kader factory was 115 feet tall, that would mean each storey was around 28.75 feet tall. This would be pretty good loft for a modern multi-level factory. Is this something you would assume for a Thai sweatshop where worker health and safety were of little concern?

If I did I would include that there is a roof, take that into account which I did and noted here. And I would know if I look at a drawing and they give a length in one location I can infer what the length of the line represents in scaled distance.

Why not just employ a little common sense next time?

Did you just try to contend a buildings classification is based on the kind of fire truck is nearby?
 
So why were you harping on the vehicle access and not the floor of the highest occupiable story? That cuts a whole floor off the factory (including the roof).

He's also ignoring the fact I was the one who provided the source.
 
We're not talking about "lengths". We are talking about building height.

If Kader factory was 115 feet tall, that would mean each storey was around 28.75 feet tall. This would be pretty good loft for a modern multi-level factory. Is this something you would assume for a Thai sweatshop where worker health and safety were of little concern?

Why not just employ a little common sense next time?
.

You still don't understand what the spec says.
.
 
Last edited:
So why were you harping on the vehicle access and not the floor of the highest occupiable story? That cuts a whole floor off the factory (including the roof).

I actually was reading that as personnel access from the vehicle, not vehicle access from the street.
 
I just looked at this again. If ergo floor height is correct, That would make it ~86 feet to the floor of the top story.

This is getting close folks
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom