SteveGrenard
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 6, 2002
- Messages
- 5,528
Scientific advances, and I'll include engineering and invention in that category, always has the potential to affect, yes even trump, tradition or culture. Think of how the automobiile, for example, affected the tradition/culture of using horses as transportation or how television, initially at least, impacted radio. One could go on and on.
There will always be special interest groups who will fight against some advance because it negatively or adversely affects them or they will perceive it as such. I maintain it is no
different with these fugu chefs and the industry groups who support them.
There will always be special interest groups who will fight against some advance because it negatively or adversely affects them or they will perceive it as such. I maintain it is no
different with these fugu chefs and the industry groups who support them.
Last edited: