• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Forum Birdwatching 2012

had some wonderful heron sightings today, but not much time to set up a decent picture:

[qimg]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8220976549_d0535a3186_b.jpg[/qimg]
great blue heron (ardea herodias) taking off by philside92, on Flickr

not sure where that photo went - here it is again:


Untitled by philside92, on Flickr

and a new one for y'all. it's not the greatest wildlife photo, but i really like is as a photograph in general.


adult male red-bellied woodpecker (melanerpes carolinus) by philside92, on Flickr
 
Made it back to Bolsa Chica yesterday. I think that site gets better every year, there was a huge variety of birds there and I'm not even going to try to list them all. I have pictures of four species of grebe; no idea how many different duck species. There was an actual a flock of avocets (I've always like avocets). Didn't see the ibis I was hoping for, but if I've properly identified them (and I'm not at all sure that I have), then there were two firsts for me: Northern Harrier and Pacific Loon:


Northern Harrier flyby, maybe


Pacific Loon swim-by, maybe
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom