Oh it's good this thread was on the forum index front this morning.
The other day I heard either an owl or a bird whose call I keep mistaking for an owl's hoot. This got me excited because a nice little wooded area just across the street was gutted to put in two coldesacs meeting in the middle almost. I used to hear this owl (or not owl?) a lot coming from that direction, but hadn't heard it for a couple years thanks to this damn sprawl.
Anybody know any birds of the midwest I might mistake for an owl based off the call?
The other day I heard either an owl or a bird whose call I keep mistaking for an owl's hoot. This got me excited because a nice little wooded area just across the street was gutted to put in two coldesacs meeting in the middle almost. I used to hear this owl (or not owl?) a lot coming from that direction, but hadn't heard it for a couple years thanks to this damn sprawl.
Anybody know any birds of the midwest I might mistake for an owl based off the call?