A company which supplies glamping, i.e. eye-wateringly expensive hospitality packages, for Glastonbury Festival has gone bust, leaving customers without anywhere to stay, and more significantly, no tickets for the event: the company had not obtained them from the festival organisers.
Festivalgoers who booked through Yurtel have been left ticketless and out of pocket.
www.bbc.co.uk
Festival-goers had booked accommodation and event tickets through Yurtel, based in Corsham, Wiltshire, but have since been told by the company that their bookings will not be fulfilled after it ceased trading on 8 May.
I'm not sure exactly how long glamping for Glasto has been going on, some years at least. I prefer to camp normally, with the hordes. That is, when I'm able to get a ticket, which hasn't been the case since 2002.
I do trust there's a proper investigation into this, given the five-figure prices; you could
buy a pretty decent yurt for that amount of money. For what it's worth a regular ticket to the festival is about £380.0 (still a lot of money, but for the entertainment on offer, a fraction of the cost it might be to see all the various artists individually).
The company website is still up, without mention, as far as I can see of the financial situation.
Furthermore, if the campsite is in or near Corsham, that's more than 20 miles from the festival site at Pilton.
A related thread from efestivals:
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/260705-yurtel-gone-out-of-business/#comments
To add: the company address isn't where their campsite is located, which apparently is only a five-minute drive away.