Ok, I just got done watching fight science, I'm a bit of a mixed martial arts fan and I can't believe some of the things I saw and heard according to the tech's on this show. It was hosted by national geographic though so I can't really say its a bunch of mystic jargon, they were using cameras and dummies to record this stuff as accurately as possible according to the show.
you can read a bit about it here
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060814-fight-science_2.html
and here
http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/
My big question is, according to the show, a Muay Thai knee, from a champion Muay Thai artist, a spinning back kick from a tkd champ, straight kick from a karate well you get the idea, they tested lots of martial arts techniques from people that had performed these techniques on some pro level or a sort and yet when they compared the knee of the Muay Thai champ to the Dim Mak technique of the Ninjitsu artist and both had enough force to compress the chest plate 2 inches and cause enough internal trauma to kill a person. No big deal, plenty of martial art techniques can kill a person, the crazy part is the Muay Thai strike is a knee delivered from a drawn back leg while holding the head of the dummy so it absorbs all the force and the leg even has 2 or 3 feet to build of power, the Dim Mak on the other hand was performed from about 1 to 1 and a half feet away with a hammer fist.
I don't know if many of you read much about martial arts but this just doesnt happen, even in the pro's nobody touches the raw power of Muay Thai techniques for destructive force. Everyone thats ever fought Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic for instance, agrees that his Muay Thai kick is by far the most powerful they have ever felt. Many others can tell you plain and simple that usually a single punch will not win a fight without following it up with more punches but a single knee can and often does win fights, they do incredible damage. You can see this for urself, take a pillow and punch it haha, then knee it, you'll be able to tell the difference even the average person can never reach knee power with a punch.
Even a pro boxers punch was no match for the Muay Thai knee, and I mean a huge guy, probably a heavyweight boxer, the Muay Thai champ is probably about 155-160 where as the Ninjitsu artist was definitely 150 or less. Now I'm not an idiot, I've read a lot on martial arts, thousands of pages, I've read about every major martial art for sure, including Ninjitsu and I just don't see this being possible.
I've read even the woo side of most martial arts, including Ninjitu's claims of "chakra" and other energies inside the body that can be focused to do superhuman things, but this really is superhuman and I don't think chakra had anything to do with it.
On the show when the boxer hits for about 1000lb of force they take apart the technique, same with the muay thai knee, they explain the transfer of power from the feet to the limbs and show how the force is generated but when they showed the dim mak they didnt do this, they basically just showed it and said what it did but not how.
So, since the show left a gap I was wondering if you guys could fill me in on ways this would be possible. But please don't just tell me its centrifugal force or plain old training. Everyone on that show had years and years of training and some couldnt even match the dim mak fist with their techniques using their legs and full body weight although they were larger or the same size as the ninjitsu artist. Guys on here did things like striking at around 40 feet per second, which trust me, is amazing. The tkd or tae kwon do arist had the fastest reaction time which was absolutely insane, but thats something u can train, a trained soldier will react faster than an average citizen, this I understand, but 2 soldiers should be fairly even, but in this cast the ninjitsu soldier did something the other soldiers couldnt even when they had (for sake of the soldier analogy) a larger military.
Any ideas?
you can read a bit about it here
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060814-fight-science_2.html
and here
http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/
My big question is, according to the show, a Muay Thai knee, from a champion Muay Thai artist, a spinning back kick from a tkd champ, straight kick from a karate well you get the idea, they tested lots of martial arts techniques from people that had performed these techniques on some pro level or a sort and yet when they compared the knee of the Muay Thai champ to the Dim Mak technique of the Ninjitsu artist and both had enough force to compress the chest plate 2 inches and cause enough internal trauma to kill a person. No big deal, plenty of martial art techniques can kill a person, the crazy part is the Muay Thai strike is a knee delivered from a drawn back leg while holding the head of the dummy so it absorbs all the force and the leg even has 2 or 3 feet to build of power, the Dim Mak on the other hand was performed from about 1 to 1 and a half feet away with a hammer fist.
I don't know if many of you read much about martial arts but this just doesnt happen, even in the pro's nobody touches the raw power of Muay Thai techniques for destructive force. Everyone thats ever fought Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic for instance, agrees that his Muay Thai kick is by far the most powerful they have ever felt. Many others can tell you plain and simple that usually a single punch will not win a fight without following it up with more punches but a single knee can and often does win fights, they do incredible damage. You can see this for urself, take a pillow and punch it haha, then knee it, you'll be able to tell the difference even the average person can never reach knee power with a punch.
Even a pro boxers punch was no match for the Muay Thai knee, and I mean a huge guy, probably a heavyweight boxer, the Muay Thai champ is probably about 155-160 where as the Ninjitsu artist was definitely 150 or less. Now I'm not an idiot, I've read a lot on martial arts, thousands of pages, I've read about every major martial art for sure, including Ninjitsu and I just don't see this being possible.
I've read even the woo side of most martial arts, including Ninjitu's claims of "chakra" and other energies inside the body that can be focused to do superhuman things, but this really is superhuman and I don't think chakra had anything to do with it.
On the show when the boxer hits for about 1000lb of force they take apart the technique, same with the muay thai knee, they explain the transfer of power from the feet to the limbs and show how the force is generated but when they showed the dim mak they didnt do this, they basically just showed it and said what it did but not how.
So, since the show left a gap I was wondering if you guys could fill me in on ways this would be possible. But please don't just tell me its centrifugal force or plain old training. Everyone on that show had years and years of training and some couldnt even match the dim mak fist with their techniques using their legs and full body weight although they were larger or the same size as the ninjitsu artist. Guys on here did things like striking at around 40 feet per second, which trust me, is amazing. The tkd or tae kwon do arist had the fastest reaction time which was absolutely insane, but thats something u can train, a trained soldier will react faster than an average citizen, this I understand, but 2 soldiers should be fairly even, but in this cast the ninjitsu soldier did something the other soldiers couldnt even when they had (for sake of the soldier analogy) a larger military.
Any ideas?