• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

FAA NAS Architecture Website

gumboot

lorcutus.tolere
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
25,327
Hi everyone,

I have a question about a particular website:

http://nas-architecture.faa.gov/

This website contains information on the Federal Aviation Administration's National Airspace System - radar sites, ATC centers, and so forth.

I had been using this site earlier this year for some useful information, however now I find I am consistently incapable of accessing it.

I live in New Zealand and my ISP is WorldxChange:

http://www.wxc.co.nz/

I've asked the FAA but have no received a reply. Because I have no issues accessing other FAA sites (and other US sites full stop) I am doubtful that it is anything to do with my ISP.

Google has the site cached and it comes up fine if I do a search, but if I try to actually connect it times out every single time.

Theories include:

-The site is no longer there
-The site is experiencing long-term technical issues
-Access to the site has been restricted in some way

I was wondering if anyone could offer any ideas (perhaps some pilots hanging out around here?). If nothing else I suppose people could confirm if they are able to access the site themselves or not.
 
Well, your link works for me via a UK ISP.... but maybe your problem is one of timing?....

The NAS Architecture website will be unavailable during the fixed maintenance windows
from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm EST on the 1st Friday following the 2nd Tuesday and the last Friday of each month.
 
I'm in NZ too and the site does load for me, in Netscape9, IE6, Firefox3 and Opera9.5 on Windoze...

However, the site is not without it's problems:

http://www.faa.gov/Accessibility/index.htm
Page Not Found

The page you requested cannot be found.

ID: 2024378.
:rolleyes:


http://network-tools.com » nas-architecture.faa.gov

Code:
204.108.7.26 is from United States(US) in region North America

TraceRoute to 204.108.7.26 [nas-architecture.faa.gov]
Hop	(ms)	(ms)	(ms)		IP Address	Host name
1	11	5	5		72.249.0.65	-
2	7	6	7		8.9.232.73	ge-6-18.car1.dallas1.level3.net
3	15	10	7		4.68.19.204	ae-4-99.edge2.dallas3.level3.net
4	7	6	8		4.68.110.214	sprint-level3-te.dallas3.level3.net
5	7	15	16		144.232.20.82	sl-crs2-fw-0-15-3-0.sprintlink.net
6	45	45	47		144.232.19.103	sl-crs2-dc-0-8-5-0.sprintlink.net
7	49	47	46		144.232.15.18	sl-bb21-dc-4-0-0.sprintlink.net
8	45	45	52		144.232.15.9	sl-gw21-dc-15-0.sprintlink.net
9	Timed out	Timed out	Timed out			-
10	Timed out	Timed out	Timed out			-
11	Timed out	Timed out	Timed out			-
12	Timed out	Timed out	Timed out			-

Trace aborted.
:covereyes

http://nas-architecture.faa.gov/nas/reference/home.cfm

HTML:
<!-- ----------------------- -->
<!-- $Workfile: Application.cfm $ -->
<!-- $Revision: 3 $ -->
<!-- $Date: 4/28/04 15:57 $ -->
<!-- $Author: stephen $  -->
<!-- ----------------------- -->

<!-- ----------------------- -->
<!-- $Workfile: home.cfm $ -->
<!-- $Revision: 48 $ -->
<!-- $Date: 5/12/06 11:26 $ -->
<!-- $Author: Wubwub $  -->
<!-- ----------------------- -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html><!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/cats-ii_basic_page.dwt.cfm" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

<head>
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<title>NAS 6 Reference and Tutorial</title>

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="keywords" content="NAS Architecture 6, FAA, ATOSE" />
<meta name="description" content="The FAA's NAS Architecture 6 Database" />
<meta name="Author" content="FAA ATO-P/SETA-II  SEAG
                             Antonio Fernandez-Touzon, Stephen F Roberts,
                             Ephrem Madebo, April Humber, Tim Link, Bryan Anschuetz" />
:boggled:

Let's just hope that Antonio, Stephen, Ephrem, April, Tim, Bryan and Wubwub are not involved in the design and implementation of any mission vital architecture
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom