• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Excel. Saving part of a worksheet as txt

nimzov

Unregistered
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
954
How can I save a section of my worksheet (like one or 2 columns), as delimited txt ?

Saveas saves the entire worksheet from what I understand.

I could not google anything on this subject.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Copy section to new workbook and then save as delimited txt? Will that work for you?
Yes I thought of that but I wondered if a direct saveas to a delimited txt file was possible for a partial worksheet.

If it is not possible I will use what you suggested.

Thanks
 
I googled on "vba excel save range " and got a few close hits from a casual look. I think you'd need a VBA macro to do this and my experience is that it's very rare you're the first person to think of something and someone else has usaully already done it.
 
I googled on "vba excel save range " and got a few close hits from a casual look. I think you'd need a VBA macro to do this and my experience is that it's very rare you're the first person to think of something and someone else has usaully already done it.
I agree with you that almost anything can be done with programmation.

I just wondered if it was possible to do this with excel commands only (the ones in the menu). I guess not.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Another option is to
1. Highlight the relevant cells
2. Copy (cntl c or Edit / Copy)
3. Go to another application such as word
4. Paste or paste special...
 
What I did, was to link in a second worksheet the cells I want to copy from the first worksheet. I do the edit I want in worksheetOne and then simply save the second worksheet (worksheetTwo) as txt.

For example to save column B and H from worksheetOne:

cell A1 of worksheetTwo has this formula: =WorksheetOne!B1
cell A2 of worksheetTwo has this formula: =WorksheetOne!B2
... etc.
cell B1 of worksheelTwo has the formula =WorksheetOne!H1
cell B2 of worksheelTwo has the formula =WorksheetOne!H2
... etc.

This way I do not have to do any copy-paste.

etc.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom