Dinwar, you are confused. No one is disagreeing with humans being classified as primates. That's different however than saying they all shared a common ancestor, although I understand you as an evo equate the 2 concepts.
Oh, you're going OLD SCHOOL with your taxonomy! The view that sharing a clade doesn't mean that you share an ancestor went out with the advent of phylogeny, randman. The explanation is given in the link to PAST I previously provided. Further discussion is available by even a curssory glance through the research regarding arthropod classification.
If you ARE going to go old-school on me, I expect to see a great deal more discussion on your part regarding the definitions of the taxa you choose to discuss. Specifically, I expect you to comply with the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature. I have a copy, so I'll know if you don't.
You have confused taxonomy, which is classification, with phylogeny, which is what we were talking about.
Nope. This is like saying "You're confusing physics, which is Newtonian, with astronomy, which is Relativity". Phylogeny (well, actually cladistics now) IS the current view of taxonomy. The previous view is just stamp-collecting.
I suggest you think about the differences a little before go off on some other wild, unsubstantiated smear campaign.
I've thought a great deal about those differences--I've actually read the papers at the PAST link. The data support only one conclusion: that phylogeny/cladistics supercedes taxonomy, though the terms are more or less interchangeable.
You can't simply ignore 50 years of science, randman, no matter how annoying it may be.
So is an event entirely within human lineage, the proposed chromosomal fusion, "more significant"?
The squishy stuff isn't my area fo expertise. ANTpogo seems to be saying that your interpretation is completely erronious, however, and given how wrong you are in terms of osteology I'm inclined to assume that you're equally wrong here.