• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Drag Shows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, you can find a number of sex offenders and child abusers in any profession/subgroup. Evidence would not be finding a few, but rather a statistically significant higher proportion.
Yes, that is the claim I would like a source for. The number that is "not insignificant".
 
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is an accurate portrayal of "Drag"???!!! What the @#*!

Right? Off the top of my head there is To Wong Foo, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Kinky Boots (which is a movie, although the musical is more popular)

Rocky might be in the top 10, but only because there just isn't a ton of drag queen movies and you'd have to really stretch to get the list to 10.
 
Giving one example out of thousands of drag performers across the world.

I don't know what WWBDD's profession is, but if I scoured the internet I bet I could find someone of that profession who was also a sex offender.

I'm a stagehand. Limit it to the US, and I'll take that bet. I'm Head Carpenter, Head Rigger and Head Flyman for Patriots Theater at the War Memorial. It's owned and operated by the state of New Jersey. I had to pass a background check before my first interview. Because we work with kids. Most theaters in the US are non-profit organizations receiving state and/or city funding for educational programs. Background checks. Many theaters are educational facilities located on university campuses. Background checks. Plus, we're professionals. Responsible for all kinds of very expensive and potentially dangerous equipment. Hard work and long hours. I doubt I know any irresponsible, untrustworthy people who can't pass background checks.
 
So why did you bother to post the irrelevant, dubious, drivel in the first place?
:rolleyes:

There are two words in your barbed reply that you clearly do not understand the meaning of. I can, safely, as always, where your arguments are concerned, dispense with your antagonistic *****.
 
.....
I doubt I know any irresponsible, untrustworthy people who can't pass background checks.

I'm on your side. But I think you mean you don't know any unsavory people who can pass background checks.

Double negatives are tricky.
 
Irresponsible, untrustworthy people are often very skilled at passing background checks.
 
Depends on what you consider harm, I suppose.

that said...

Performer "Flow Job" places pictures of kids from a school visit (in drag) on their sexualized instagram page, without parental consent. And yes, they used the name "Flow Job" when they visited the school.

"Family friendly" drag show has children stuffing cash into a drag performer's bra.

Drag event aimed at kids has huge sign saying "It's not gonna lick itself" where drag performers wearing very skimpy outfits interact with kids, and collect cash from children for their performances in a strip-club-esque fashion.

Milwaukee County Children’s Court judge, who was CEO of "Cream City Foundation", and while CEO got that foundation awarded a grant to do DQST, got arrested for seven counts of possession of child pornography, including some involving toddlers.
Drag Queen who works for an LGBTQ+ youth center arrested with 25 counts of possession of child pornography Drag Queen at brunch advertised as "all ages drag brunch" lifts dress and gyrates while singing explicit lyrics in front of children.

Irresponsible, untrustworthy people are often very skilled at passing background checks.

Indeed. The two highlighted examples would have passed background checks at the time they were performing in drag. They would have failed later, of course, but at the time they were doing drag they had not been arrested yet and had clean records.

Background checks don't catch those who just have not yet been caught. It's kind of a red herring.
 
There are two words in your barbed reply that you clearly do not understand the meaning of. I can, safely, as always, where your arguments are concerned, dispense with your antagonistic *****.

And the Irony Award goes to...........

Bluesjnr!
 
I'm a stagehand. Limit it to the US, and I'll take that bet. I'm Head Carpenter, Head Rigger and Head Flyman for Patriots Theater at the War Memorial. It's owned and operated by the state of New Jersey. I had to pass a background check before my first interview. Because we work with kids. Most theaters in the US are non-profit organizations receiving state and/or city funding for educational programs. Background checks. Many theaters are educational facilities located on university campuses. Background checks. Plus, we're professionals. Responsible for all kinds of very expensive and potentially dangerous equipment. Hard work and long hours. I doubt I know any irresponsible, untrustworthy people who can't pass background checks.

Literally "child pornography stagehand"

https://www.nola.com/news/article_d2919616-b0be-55cb-898f-70a7d08a40db.html

...In the years after his release, Burkhardt found work as a truck driver, stagehand and data compiler. But his obsession with child pornography apparently remained unabated, even after he promised a federal judge he was a changed man....

That criminal had even served time in prison and was still able to become a stagehand...

Oh dear - looks like we can't let any stagehands near children.
 
Dear me, are we creeping towards coining a new fallacy, "No true drag queen"?

It's a pity that we may be because, since and only since you asked, this very high profile drag queens alledged behaviour makes pretty grim reading.

Please note the submission this link is as a response to your request and is not indicative of any stance on Drag Queen Story Hour the poster may have, so reel yer ******* necks in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-...-a-15-year-old-superfan-and-they-werent-alone

There was no fallacy in the post you were responding to, but there is in the arguments you're putting forth. Not least of these is the insistence that you're not making an argument. Yes you are, even if you insist you're 'just answering questions'.

As we already covered, the goalpost set is the correct one for the question of if children are inherently in danger at drag queen story hours. You want a broader goalpost, which you don't even meet with your citation.

I can cite literally hundreds of cases of teachers sexually abusing students. Does this mean children are inherently in danger being around teachers? No, and in fact teachers have a lower rate of sexually abusing children than the general public. This principle has already been covered, and you ignore it while lashing out at all the other posters who don't go with your little fiction.

It's clear that the 'danger' so many of you are concerned about isn't what you claim it is. Until you find the intellectual honesty to openly advance an argument, you won't find valid agreement even if you can hide behind not being specifically proven wrong.
 
I'm a stagehand. Limit it to the US, and I'll take that bet. [SNIP]

LMFAO! A stagehand? Stagehands are a very trustworthy group with sexual ethics?

For those who don't understand, WWBDD is a local stagehand. Stagehands also include road stagehands, or roadies. Now as someone who has worked in comedy, I'll say that roadies don't deserve all of the bad rap they have (as opposed to comedians who absolutely do), but it most certainly isn't baseless. More than that, local stagehands run an extremely wide gamut of trustworthiness in all aspects. Some are very rough and inclined towards criminality. They cycling through employers and settling with the less reputable of the entertainment industry. You all know, the famously sexually ethical entertainment industry? Others are top notch, working with easily stolen equipment and IP with huge monetary value with not even a thought to personally taking any of it. To claim they are especially ethical for sexually related things is absurd though. There is zero reason they'd be better or worse than the general population.

I'm not going to throw shade at WWBDD's crew or theater. In fact I'm betting what he's saying about them is true. It is because it is true that he likely doesn't even realize how that experience isn't the absolute norm.
 
Given the vote in the Scottish Parliament on Thursday I can only assume you are a very unhappy bunny right now.

When have I ever commented negatively on gender issues? Where do you get the impression that I'm unhappy about the vote?

Take that back.
 
There was no fallacy in the post you were responding to

I didn't insist there was - reel yer neck in.

but there is in the arguments you're putting forth. Not least of these is the insistence that you're not making an argument. Yes you are, even if you insist you're 'just answering questions'.

Ok, cool.

As we already covered, the goalpost set is the correct one for the question of if children are inherently in danger at drag queen story hours. You want a broader goalpost, which you don't even meet with your citation.

Fair enough

I can cite literally hundreds of cases of teachers sexually abusing students. Does this mean children are inherently in danger being around teachers?

Not an argument I'm putting forward. Why are you asking me?


I agree

...and in fact teachers have a lower rate of sexually abusing children than the general public.

I could not care less, I'm not in the least bit interested in teachers molesting children.

This principle has already been covered, and you ignore it while lashing out at all the other posters who don't go with your little fiction.

What fiction was this?

It's clear that the 'danger' so many of you are concerned about isn't what you claim it is.

What level of "danger" have I claimed? Show me please.

Until you find the intellectual honesty to openly advance an argument, you won't find valid agreement even if you can hide behind not being specifically proven wrong.

There we are then...
 
There are two words in your barbed reply that you clearly do not understand the meaning of. I can, safely, as always, where your arguments are concerned, dispense with your antagonistic *****.
So, no actual response then.....
:rolleyes:
 
I'm still interested to find out how questioning someone about their opinion could possibly be interpreted as policing their thoughts or saying they are not allowed to have that opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom