• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Donna (Ghost Hunters) admits evidence was staged

I'm sure most of the show is real. They really go to locations and set up equipment and poke around in the dark. However, none of their "evidence" for ghosts can be real as ghosts are not real, therefore there can be no evidence for them. The evidence itself may be real, but it is not evidence of ghosts.

So what you are saying is that ghosts can not possibly exist?
 
So what you are saying is that ghosts can not possibly exist?

Yes, just to be clear I am saying that ghosts cannot and do not exist. If you have proof that ghosts exist I suggest you visit this site, they actually offer a reward for such information. If you don't want to go through their bureaucracy then you can present such evidence to me, all I require is that all my travel and other expenses be paid in advance.
 
I am sorry to ruin the fun, but I just have to end this one. I am getting a headache. MAKAYA, this is the statement made:

Of course they claim their evidence is "real" - they have a show to sell. I doubt anyone, aside from a small deluded number of viewers, believed it was any more real than Ghostbusters.

This statement is CLEARLY saying two things. One, that the participants in the show have a motive in claiming that the evidence is real. Two, that there is likely only a small amount of people that believe the show is real.

Your statement:
So every piece of evidence that was ever presented must be a fake, because it is on tv? Sorry, but some of it COULD be real, just not all of it.
does not address either point made, because you are essentially creating a strawman, which is something you do a lot, and arguing against that instead. Do you need me to explain what a strawman is?
 
You never said that Ghost hunter's evidence MUST be faked, but it seems like that you are implying that exact concept.

I wasn't implying anything. I said what I meant. If you read something else into it, that's your mistake.
 
Yes, just to be clear I am saying that ghosts cannot and do not exist. If you have proof that ghosts exist I suggest you visit this site, they actually offer a reward for such information. If you don't want to go through their bureaucracy then you can present such evidence to me, all I require is that all my travel and other expenses be paid in advance.

Why can't they exist then? Science says nothing about them being impossible, just rather unnatural and odd to exist.
 
Why can't they exist then? Science says nothing about them being impossible, just rather unnatural and odd to exist.

Why stop with ghosts? What about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Borg, or the Star Wars galaxy? Is there any reason why these cannot exist? After all, just because something is known to be fiction does not mean it isn't really out there, it only means the fiction was not based in reality. But therein lies the rub. How does one distinguish between fiction and reality? How does one tell the difference between something that actually exists and something that's just a story? Figure that one out and you'll have an answer to your question.
 
Why stop with ghosts? What about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Borg, or the Star Wars galaxy? Is there any reason why these cannot exist? After all, just because something is known to be fiction does not mean it isn't really out there, it only means the fiction was not based in reality. But therein lies the rub. How does one distinguish between fiction and reality? How does one tell the difference between something that actually exists and something that's just a story? Figure that one out and you'll have an answer to your question.

At least Ghosts are seen more than all of the rest listed COMBINED. Ghost's represent a possible phenomena that people trying to comprehend is akin a caveman trying to comprehend a submarine. Santa Claus is not seen by every culture, actually very few, but Ghosts are seen by almost every civilization on earth
 
Last edited:
At least Ghosts are seen more than all of the rest listed COMBINED. Ghost's represent a possible phenomena that people trying to comprehend is akin a caveman trying to comprehend a submarine. Santa Claus is not seen by every culture, actually very few, but Ghosts are seen by almost every civilization on earth


I never said that they exist, I only said that they COULD exist.


The points you attempt to make give the appearance that you don't know what you've said. Do you even read your own posts?
 
The points you attempt to make give the appearance that you don't know what you've said. Do you even read your own posts?

At least Ghosts are seen more than all of the rest listed COMBINED. Ghost's represent a possible phenomena that people trying to comprehend is akin a caveman trying to comprehend a submarine. Santa Claus is not seen by every culture, actually very few, but Ghosts are seen by almost every civilization on earth

Do you even care to bold what I said?
 
At least Ghosts are seen more than all of the rest listed COMBINED. Ghost's represent a possible phenomena that people trying to comprehend is akin a caveman trying to comprehend a submarine. Santa Claus is not seen by every culture, actually very few, but Ghosts are seen by almost every civilization on earth

Just because someone interpreted an event as seeing a ghost does not mean they actually did. Once again, how does one distinguish between that which is real and that which is artificial?
 
Ghost Blusters Kindergarten Academy

I never said that they exist, I only said that they COULD exist.

Just about anyone on the Earth can see a hallucination that don't make what they see real or scientifically provable. There is a reason Ghost Hunting isn't taught at MIT or CalTech. Let's all remember Ghost Hunters Grant Wilson and Jason Hawes are plumbers in real life. Now I'll give you that Hawes was the top plumber in all of New England for Roto Rooter prior to the show but that hardly makes him a scientist or even a paranormal investigator.

Since you think these clowns COULD be on to something perhaps you'd like to explain the hard science behind Ghost Hunters equipment and techniques? (because Jason and Grant never do). Can you explain how they use an infrared thermometer (IRT) to read cold spots in the middle of thin air? IRT's only read temperatures of SURFACES through emissivity air doesn't emit IR. Even with an external probe you can't read the temp of the air in the middle of a room with an IRT. They are simply measuring differing temperatures of surfaces across the room and nothing more. WOOOOOOOO!
 
Since you think these clowns COULD be on to something perhaps you'd like to explain the hard science behind Ghost Hunters equipment and techniques? (because Jason and Grant never do). Can you explain how they use an infrared thermometer (IRT) to read cold spots in the middle of thin air? IRT's only read temperatures of SURFACES through emissivity air doesn't emit IR. Even with an external probe you can't read the temp of the air in the middle of a room with an IRT. They are simply measuring differing temperatures of surfaces across the room and nothing more. WOOOOOOOO!

Personally, I don't think these guys are on to anything. But I'd like to address what you've said here. I think they use the infrared thermometers to read if a hot or cold spot could be coming off of something not actually seen in a room. If something appears on the camera that is not in the room they say it "could" be paranormal.

They use the EMF detectors to see of the EMF's in a home are too high. If so, they explain to the homeowners that such high readings could produce hallucinations, feelings of unease, and a few other symptoms, thus there is not necessarily anything paranormal there. If there are high EMF's that are not accounted for by wiring or such, then there "could" be something paranormal.

They have at least been more careful these past few seasons in how they word things and explain why they use what they use. Not that they know how to really detect ghosts anyway. They try.

What's funny is that number one, they say they are ghost hunters when ghosts haven't even been proven to exist, and number two, they now have an academy to teach people how to hunt for what hasn't been proven to exist. :jaw-dropp I just couldn't believe what I saw when I actually watched that first episode of "Ghost Hunters Academy." Ugh.
 
Last edited:
Science Dispels Myth

Personally, I don't think these guys are on to anything. But I'd like to address what you've said here. I think they use the infrared thermometers to read if a hot or cold spot could be coming off of something not actually seen in a room. If something appears on the camera that is not in the room they say it "could" be paranormal.

You obviously don't understand how an IRT works. It works just like your eyes do but instead of seeing reflected color IRT's see reflected heat. If it can't see it, it can't measure it. Due to infrared's long wavelength firemen can use IR to help them see through smoke. IR would be a subpar spectrum to use to detect a hazy or invisible apparition. Using the word could doesn't make them anymore objective than a fortune teller. It could be a lot things and without extraordinary evidence paranormal is at the bottom of that list just below Santa and the Easter Bunny.

They use the EMF detectors to see of the EMF's in a home are too high. If so, they explain to the homeowners that such high readings could produce hallucinations, feelings of unease, and a few other symptoms, thus there is not necessarily anything paranormal there. If there are high EMF's that are not accounted for by wiring or such, then there "could" be something paranormal.

This isn't a scientific explanation of why they think a "ghost" can generate an EM field or how they effect a EMF meter this is a declaration of faith. What exactly is too high of a reading? What is your source for the EMF hallucination claim? A more likely scenario is that since the hosts are plumbers and not Electrical Engineering majors they haven't accounted for every possible EMF signal. Once again unaccounted high EMF could be anything but woo is still at the bottom of the list.

They have at least been more careful these past few seasons in how they word things and explain why they use what they use. Not that they know how to really detect ghosts anyway. They try.

And none of that makes them anymore scientific in their methods. The fact that someone "really" tries to catch a rainbow doesn't make them any less foolish no matter how much they say "could".

What's funny is that number one, they say they are ghost hunters when ghosts haven't even been proven to exist, and number two, they now have an academy to teach people how to hunt for what hasn't been proven to exist. :jaw-dropp I just couldn't believe what I saw when I actually watched that first episode of "Ghost Hunters Academy." Ugh.

What is really funny is that two plumbers are accepted as "experts" in a field that is 1/4 a step away from the Blair Witch Project. In 1907 Dr. Duncan MacDougall claimed scientific proof of the existence of the human soul by recording the change in weight immediately following death. The research did not follow the scientific method, showed wide variance in results yet it was published the New York Times and American Medicine. Ghost Hunters is very similar, it's like "Seinfeld" a program about nothing.

http://www.skepdic.com/emf.html

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4081
 
Science is ridgid and sterile, dismisses posibilities.

I'm glad that I don't have to wrap my head in plastic at night, in order to keep the possibilities out.

How sad for them.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom