crimresearch
Alumbrado
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2004
- Messages
- 10,600
And of course there is this guy's body of 'work'...There are expert witnesses who seem to make a career of fraud. I am thinking of Louise Robbins and Joyce Gilchrist, among others. I seem to recall that the fire marshall who testified against Todd Willingham had investigated 1200 fires, all of which were arson, according to him.
A somewhat related problem is that of forensic personnel who tell law enforcement what they want to hear, not what the truth is. The North Carolina SBI laboratory has gone through a major overhaul after the Gregory Taylor case and a subsequent audit. It is possible t consider Duane Deaver to be a rogue agent who misreported the results of blood tests, among other things. But having read what others in the lab have had to say, I put the blame on the supervision of the lab. My solutions are to split forensic laboratories away from law enforcement and to provide indigent defendants with a forensic counsel.
http://www.memphispolice.org/medical examiner.htm
And here's the rest of the story...
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/oc-smith-indicted/Content?oid=1120711