• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Democratic Socialists for Obama!

So it's a deal then? I will, of course, stand by my bet and the odds I've cited, but if you wanted to show us all that you believe what you say and that you are not a troll, you could offer to make it one-for-one. No, I'm not asking you to do this. Just a meme to plant in your brain.

So, shall we say then that the date for the settling of the bet shall be August 29th, 2008, the day after the Democratic Convention closes?
Do you have something in mind for an avatar?
I do, actually, but I'm not tipping my hand. You'll find out soon enough.
 
I haven't heard of any maps like that. Both RealClearPolitics and FiveThirtyEight's graphs incidicate that the only Southern States that Obama would win if the election were held today is Virginia, (and that's marked as a particularly close win) although with current poll data he still wins by a decent margin even if he were to lose that. (Obama does hope to be able to gain more votes in the South (among other things, even if you're right that the south has a lot of racists, it also has a lot of black people) but all polls have shown there is that he's not as hopeless as he otherwise would be.)

(That is, if by southern you mean states that were part of the Confederacy. Colorado and New Mexico are looking like they could rather easily swing over to Obama's side.)

Whites and Blacks still vote as a block in the South. The higher the percentages of Blacks in a particular southern state the higher the rate of White block voting. States like South Carolina and Mississippi may have a high percentage of Black voters, that however will not be enough to make the state go Democratic because Blacks are not a majority.

If you call this racist voting for one then you have to call it racist voting for the other.
 
The Clintons are not quitters.

She has yet to release her delegates.

She is reportedly negotiating to keep her name on the ballot at the convention as a symbol of "unity".




:irule:13:

If one of Obama’s Secret Service agents released a video on Youtube of Obama smoking crack then Obama is finished. The super delegates could switch to Hillary giving her the nomination.
 
If one of Obama’s Secret Service agents released a video on Youtube of Obama smoking crack then Obama is finished. The super delegates could switch to Hillary giving her the nomination.

Oh, yeah! If one of his Secret Service agents released a video on YouTube of Obama pealing off his skin to reveal a scaly lizard-like creature, that would do it, too.

...of course, in order for that to happen, such an event would have to exist to be captured on video, wouldn't it?
 
Oh, yeah! If one of his Secret Service agents released a video on YouTube of Obama pealing off his skin to reveal a scaly lizard-like creature, that would do it, too.

...of course, in order for that to happen, such an event would have to exist to be captured on video, wouldn't it?

You never know, it could happen, we might find evidence of Black-holes someday!

:gnome:
 
The Clintons are not quitters.

She has yet to release her delegates.

She is reportedly negotiating to keep her name on the ballot at the convention as a symbol of "unity".
Well, if you want to make a bet on the outcome, I'd be willing to give you incredibly good odds. How about if I'm correct (and Obama is nominated) I get to choose your avatar for a week, and if you're correct (and Hillary gets nominated) you get to choose my avatar for a year. Sound fair to you?

So it's a deal then? I will, of course, stand by my bet and the odds I've cited, but if you wanted to show us all that you believe what you say and that you are not a troll, you could offer to make it one-for-one. No, I'm not asking you to do this. Just a meme to plant in your brain.

So, shall we say then that the date for the settling of the bet shall be August 29th, 2008, the day after the Democratic Convention closes?

Do you have something in mind for an avatar?
I do, actually, but I'm not tipping my hand. You'll find out soon enough.
Oh dearie me! It looks like Jerome will lose this bet while he is still on probation.

Well, I must count on him being honorable and doing the avatar switch once he returns.

By the way, can anybody help me with the avatar? The image I'm looking for has Marvin the Martian right after a stick of dynamite (or his ray gun) has exploded in his face.
 
Last edited:
Oh dearie me! It looks like Jerome will lose this bet while he is still on probation.

Well, I must count on him being honorable and doing the avatar switch once he returns.

By the way, can anybody help me with the avatar? The image I'm looking for has Marvin the Martian right after a stick of dynamite (or his ray gun) has exploded in his face.
What about just "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom!"
 
First Madonna, then the white trash from Denver, now the DSA weighs in.

Looks like its time for the freaks and weirdos to come out.
 
Democratic Socialists for Obama!


(Mods, plz remove exclamation point from title of thread.)
 
Jerome's new avatar

Now that we're all finished with probations and hurricanes, it's time to settle an old debt.

The Clintons are not quitters.

She has yet to release her delegates.

She is reportedly negotiating to keep her name on the ballot at the convention as a symbol of "unity".


Well, if you want to make a bet on the outcome, I'd be willing to give you incredibly good odds. How about if I'm correct (and Obama is nominated) I get to choose your avatar for a week, and if you're correct (and Hillary gets nominated) you get to choose my avatar for a year. Sound fair to you?

Yes.

Do you have something in mind for an avatar?
:covereyes
Here you go, Jerome. Please install this as your new avatar for the next week.
 

Attachments

  • Marvin1.jpg
    Marvin1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 56

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom