Well he probably agrees that the hundreds of thousands of Brits living in Europe are equally as important as those people in some sort of limbo here in the UK, and that the only way to secure their future is come to an agreement with the other 27 ASAP on both issues. Supporting the rights of those EU citizens here, but not supporting those of UK citizens abroad, is hardly likely to win him many votes. Even he can see that.
Don't forget that we've tried to have this negotiation already (it seems a really straightforward issue to resolve), but a couple of countries including Germany said they wouldn't even begin discussions until Article 50 was triggered.
I'll declare an interest, as I've 2 daughters living in Europe.
Don't forget that we've tried to have this negotiation already (it seems a really straightforward issue to resolve), but a couple of countries including Germany said they wouldn't even begin discussions until Article 50 was triggered.
I'll declare an interest, as I've 2 daughters living in Europe.