Airfix
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Aug 11, 2016
- Messages
- 1,047
We're leaving the EU anyway. The thing is, Labour could have been the ones negotiating the terms of Brexit instead of the Tories.In my case I will continue to vote but would likely swap to the Lib Dems or possibly Plaid. I would not, and could not vote for a Eurosceptic party not just because I happen to disagree with that single policy but because of the knock-on it would likely have for all parts of the economy.
I'd argue that it's easier for Labour to attempt to woo a centre-left Europhile Lib Dem supporter than it is for them to persuade a dyed-in-the-wool Tory Eurosceptic.
The idea that every Euroskeptic is a dyed in the wool Tory is wrong.
Ever heard the phrase "I didn't leave Labour Labour left me ?"
IMO there's a trade-off between being true to your beliefs and being electable.
Yes there is, and Ed Miliband forgot that. It cost him the 2015 election.