• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Conservatives still hate Sandra Fluke

You first.

Ever hear of population growth?

Your response makes absolutely no sense, unless you were under the misapprehension that I claimed there was no population growth. But I didn't claim that. Wildcat's response addressed what thai mistakenly thought was a contradiction in my position. But your response doesn't address anything, or at least not anything I or Wildcat ever said.
 
Your response makes absolutely no sense, unless you were under the misapprehension that I claimed there was no population growth. But I didn't claim that. Wildcat's response addressed what thai mistakenly thought was a contradiction in my position. But your response doesn't address anything, or at least not anything I or Wildcat ever said.

And you blaming someone for having a "hate on" for conservatives makes perfect sense, eh?

I had no idea conservatives were considered a race of humans?
 
You appear to be lost in the conversation. I suggest you go backwards and try reading the thread again.

Not lost at all. However I'm sure Ziggurat will have a lot to say here in a few secs. Try to follow along.

I await the BWWAAHAHA's!!
 
And you blaming someone for having a "hate on" for conservatives makes perfect sense, eh?

Really, dc? You're going to try a tu quoque defense of your rambling incoherence?

I had no idea conservatives were considered a race of humans?

It's not clear if you have any idea about anything going on in this thread.

This was never about race. Not in tyr's original use of the term "hate on", not in Tony's unintentionally ironic response, and not in my post calling Tony out on it. Race is simply irrelevant to the entire discussion we've been having. Your attempt to bring race into the discussion now, in this fashion, is completely nonsensical.
 
so those immigrants don't count when it comes to population explosion, just jobs..right
 
Unfortunately I'm betting people can find a quote saying just that, but I don't think it's particular to conservatives as much as misogynistic douches.

I am sure quotes of that nature and possibly worse can be found on the internet. But to me it is just jerks on the internet. In this case it is conservative jerks, no doubt there are some equally hateful statements from "liberals" (once again to me just jerks) to be found about Sarah Palin.

I find being on the internet really brings out the worst in some people. Sort like the nice guy who turns into a jerk once he is behind the wheel of a car.
 
so those immigrants don't count when it comes to population explosion, just jobs..right

Again, what population explosion?

If you're taking "explosion" to simply mean any growth, well, that's either stupid or dishonest. And if you don't mean any growth but only extremely rapid growth (the common interpretation of the phrase), then you'll need to demonstrate that this is what we're experiencing. And good luck with that.

Furthermore, Olowkow's post which introduced the phrase was about US laws regarding birth control and the effect that they have on population growth. But those laws do not affect immigration, and they do not affect the population growth in countries that immigrants come from. So there's no logical connection between the two anyways, regardless of the rate at which it's happening. US laws regarding birth control only affect US birth rates, and that's what my response addressed. But you couldn't wrap your head around my response, and so you embarrassed yourself. Instead of taking the time to think things through, you keep doubling down on a losing bet.
 
so contraceptives have nothing to do with population growth?

FYI population growth rate has declined both due to lower immigration and lower birth rates.
 
Last edited:
so contraceptives have nothing to do with population growth?

Wow, you're just full of fail today. I don't think you've had a single response to me yet that didn't get things completely wrong. Nothing I said could be considered even remotely close to this statement.

FYI population growth rate has declined both due to lower immigration and lower birth rates.

And that contradicts what I said... how?

Oh, that's right, it doesn't.
 
Race is simply irrelevant to the entire discussion we've been having. Your attempt to bring race into the discussion now, in this fashion, is completely nonsensical.

You're right. Race is entirely irrelevant. And I'm not trying to make it relevant.

So why bring up the "hate on for conservatives" point?
 
Some people wandered up, some people wandered off. Maybe attendance was as low as five at one point, maybe it was as high as fifteen at another point. Regardless, the reporter was too bored to keep track of all the people entering and leaving a grocery store parking lot and possibly pausing long enough to verify that the crazy lady wasn't saying anything really important.

Anyway, the real story is that Sandra Fluke was built up by the liberal party machine when it suited them, and farmed out to a Sak'N'Save in "north Reno" when they had no more use for her.

Really, I have to wonder at the sanity of the people who thought that setting up this event was a productive use of their time and energy.

Probably your best bet if you're a registered Democrat or decided Obama voter is to totally disavow the entire thing, and hope that nobody dredges up your prior insistence that Sandra Fluke ever had anything important to say.

WTH?

All she did was speak to congress about a matter that affects all women. That would have been the end of it had it not been for the insane overreaction from the radical right that just had to call her a "slut" and make this out like it was some war on religion.

Sandra Fluke is a name we know because of the radical right not the liberal left.

She is soooo subjugated with her hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education at an elite university.

You still don't get it that she has been advocating for all women not just herself. She has never claimed she personally couldn't afford contraception. But there are some women out there that might not. Those are the women she was trying to speak for and got called nasty names for her effort.
 
Wow, you're just full of fail today. I don't think you've had a single response to me yet that didn't get things completely wrong. Nothing I said could be considered even remotely close to this statement.



And that contradicts what I said... how?

Oh, that's right, it doesn't.

So you don't think the population would explode if we let insurance companies stop providing contraceptives? Or if we had that Rubio Blunt amendment that allowed employers to refuse those provisions based on their own "moral" values?
 
Last edited:
You still don't get it that she has been advocating for all women not just herself. She has never claimed she personally couldn't afford contraception. But there are some women out there that might not. Those are the women she was trying to speak for and got called nasty names for her effort.

It's a weird argument since conservatives spend so much time whining about the wealthy paying too much taxes.
 
So you don't think the population would explode if we let insurance companies stop providing contraceptives? Or if we had that Rubio Blunt amendment that allowed employers to refuse those provisions based on their own "moral" values?
Well, no. Most people aren't so stupid to get pregnant just because contraceptives aren't free. They either pay for them out of pocket, demand their partner get them or look for other ways to get them low/no cost.
 
Well, no. Most people aren't so stupid to get pregnant just because contraceptives aren't free. They either pay for them out of pocket, demand their partner get them or look for other ways to get them low/no cost.
But there would be more unwanted pregnancies and health problems. BTW: It's far more complicated than simply buying condoms for many women. But then that's not convenient to argue against and doesn't fit the bias.
 
No she didn't. She spoke to a Democrat meeting.
God forbid the a-hole Republicans let a woman speak on women's issues. I don't think we will have to put up with those idiots too much longer. Younger generations don't give a **** about a bunch of privileged white guys who care more about mythology than the health of women.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom