• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Conservative Columnist: Palin should bow out

chipmunk stew

Philosopher
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
7,448
Another nail in McCain's coffin, from National Review Online:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

<snip>

What to do?

<snip>

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.
Damn.
 
I have to disagree. I think the die has been cast, and to change candidates at this late date would wreck whatever chances McCain has got. Look at McGovern in 1972. You are just proclaiming to the world that you are a lousy judge of character and ability..something fatal to a Presendential candidate.


I think McCain has managed to dig himsefl a hole it will be very hard to get out of, but he is better off just sticking with Palin.
 
From what little I know of Palin from Alaska, you have about as much chance of her bailing out as you of winning Powerball. Not stubbornness, but tenacity. The question is, will her tenacity pay off with her becoming better at communicating with the press, or will she simply morph into a new Dan Quayle who despite his tenacity never mastered the game.
 
yeah, they are stuck. I guess they will just have to try to put some lipstick on the pig...

(ducking)
 
Ouch....

So if I could see Wall Street from my house would that make me an investment banker?

lol

I can't see Palin leaving at this point. I think McCain would suffer from that in a big way.

Even if she quit for "personal" reasons I think the preception would be that she couldn't cut it and then the question would (rightly so) come back to McCain's judgment.
 
McSame has one viable option left to save his chances and actually gain my vote: to ask Ron Paul to fill the VP slot.

That would save him.
 
From what little I know of Palin from Alaska, you have about as much chance of her bailing out as you of winning Powerball. Not stubbornness, but tenacity. The question is, will her tenacity pay off with her becoming better at communicating with the press, or will she simply morph into a new Dan Quayle who despite his tenacity never mastered the game.

I agree, Palin ducking out on her own is not very likely... to use your analogy, in part she will not leave because she is in the political equivalent of (potentially) winning the Powerball.

But that does not discount the fact that McCain could always ask / tell her to leave and use the "personal reasons" excuse. Something I don't believe will happen frankly.

For the record, I believe with Palin on the McCain ticket Obama has a better shot at the presidency but I would like to see McCain drop her because of the damage she could do to the nation. If McCain's odds somehow were to go up by jettisoning Palin so be it, of all possible outcomes the worst thing I could imagine at this juncture is a Palin vice presidency.
 
McSame has one viable option left to save his chances and actually gain my vote: to ask Ron Paul to fill the VP slot.

That would save him.

Yes, that might gain your vote.

It would, however, lose everybody else's.

I don't think McCain considers your vote to be quite that valuable.
 
McSame has one viable option left to save his chances and actually gain my vote: to ask Ron Paul to fill the VP slot.

That would save him.

If any black person wasn't motivated enough to vote for Obama on election, that will seal the deal.
 
I think McCain has managed to dig himsefl a hole it will be very hard to get out of, but he is better off just sticking with Palin.
I dunno. If you are in as deep a hole as McCain is, what do you really have to lose?

"No. Dig up, stupid!" --Chief Wiggum
 
From what little I know of Palin from Alaska, you have about as much chance of her bailing out as you of winning Powerball. Not stubbornness, but tenacity. The question is, will her tenacity pay off with her becoming better at communicating with the press, or will she simply morph into a new Dan Quayle who despite his tenacity never mastered the game.

The thing about Palin (almost wrote "Qualin" - oops) is the McCain Camp isn't giving her enough opportunity to brush up on her public speaking. Sure she is being privately coached, but psychologically it's not the same as being in front of media/people.

It's a Catch-22. If they let her train in front of people, gaffes are generated as she gets more confident and skilled; if they hold her back it's at the expense of her confidence going down as the approaching debate draws closer.
 
Funny this article comes out on the day of the first debate. I wonder if Obama will exploit it tonight.
 
Just heard a rumor that may pertain here;

McCain's camp have done a mock debate after preparing Palin as much as they could and are alarmed at the result.


What's your source for this? I'd like to believe you, but it sounds almost too good to be true.

In reference to the article: Damn, here comes the pain...
 
Funny this article comes out on the day of the first debate. I wonder if Obama will exploit it tonight.


Obama won't, but you'd better believe others are going to have a field day with it - like the media, for instance ;)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom