• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Comic strip a conspiracy myth

I'm still trying to figure out the "2=1" equation in the first panel of NSA Kitty's run. I see how you get from step 1 to 2 and from 4 to 5; it's the middle one that confuses me.

It's a long-winded way of saying that 0=0. The combinations of a and b on both sides of the equation both work out to be the same (ie 0). The apparent paradox is caused by not working this out. Thus step 3 is just arbitrarily to make one side of the equation apparently twice that of the other, so that you can come to the erroneous conclusion that 2=1.
 
I'm still trying to figure out the "2=1" equation in the first panel of NSA Kitty's run. I see how you get from step 1 to 2 and from 4 to 5; it's the middle one that confuses me.

Since a2 = ab
then a2 - ab = 0

that means that 2.a2 - 2.ab = 0
or a2 + a2 - 2.ab = 0

since both a2 + a2 - 2.ab = 0
and a2 - ab = 0

then

a2 + a2 - 2ab = a2 - ab

eta: Doh, should have checked to see if there was another page.
 
I'm still trying to figure out the "2=1" equation in the first panel of NSA Kitty's run. I see how you get from step 1 to 2 and from 4 to 5; it's the middle one that confuses me.
It's a joke. It is a verbatim copy of a "proof" that 2=1. As others mentioned, it works by being incorrect.

Here's an explanation from one of the sites I cribbed from.

ETA:
I called NSA Kitty a mathematical genius, then posted an equation (supposedly from him) with an egregious algebra mistake. It's a geek joke. OK?
 
Last edited:
ETA:
I called NSA Kitty a mathematical genius, then posted an equation (supposedly from him) with an egregious algebra mistake. It's a geek joke. OK?



...which is in perfect keeping with the "infinitely powerful morons" that run the NWO!
 
As are the 1960's style flow chart symbols in the second panel. That first one is "read file sequentially from TAPE."



Oh come on! Do you know how hard it is to maintain backwards compatibility when you're running a thousand-year-old conspiracy? Be glad it wasn't an abacus!
 
Are you guys stealing my idea that twoofers may be involved in terrorism? *playfully puts hands on hips* Bad! No cookies for you! ;)
 
nsa-kitty-a-humble-suggestion.png



Playing around with the look of my last post in the T-shirt thread, I came up with this - seems appropriate for a math geek.
 
[qimg]http://static.stripgenerator.com/generated/horatius/strip/2007/08/14/nsa-kitty-a-humble-suggestion.png[/qimg]


Playing around with the look of my last post in the T-shirt thread, I came up with this - seems appropriate for a math geek.
I'm not registered at the Strip-Gen site, so I don't get the snazzy red bow-ties.

I looked for one in the generic objects set before settling on the pencil. It worked out well enough as a weapon, though the bow-tie would make a cool garrot.

BTW:
I said "More tomorrow," but I find I can't wait. More to come soon.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom