• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

CNN Doxxes a gif maker

The classic statement is freedom of speech only applies to government restriction. Two private entities are talking in the scenario above.

That's one way to think about it, in a legal way. I'm thinking about it in an ideological way. If you feel the need to silence your opponents or critics because they disagree with your political views, you aren't a friend of freedom of speech.
 
So an individual cannot object to this because "the left" does it, too?

That's hasty generalization and Tu Quoque all rolled into one.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right, but hypocrisy does need to be pointed out sometimes.
 
You can't make this stuff up -- a stupid wrestling video with a CNN logo pasted on for a head is "promoting violence"?

Yea. It sucks that we're here today but it is what it is. If we can elect a total moron like Trump, then clearly we're at a place where people can be stupid enough to take that gif and run with it in real life.


You need to go look up how the Supreme Court views this. To sum up: Only exhortations to imminent lawless and direct, specific actions count. "I wish someone would kill them" or "Wouldn't it be neat if someone sawed off Trump's head like this -- I might do so myself!" or "I want to blow up the White House!", these are protected speech.

I'm aware of all that. It doesn't change the fact that some lunatic can take the protected speech the wrong way and act on it. People are stupid. Again, look what they did to the White House.
 
You are absolutely right, but hypocrisy does need to be pointed out sometimes.
But you only arrive at "hypocrite" by using fallacious reasoning, to which you just added circular reasoning...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
 
You're invoking the legally enforceable standard, he was discussing the predictable sociological results.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk


He said "not protected speech", which is a legal statement, and beyond merely sociological issues. And if you think goofy images like that are not protected because some jackass might decide to do something about it, then let's see Kathy Griffin and Bernie Sanders rounded up right quicklike.

Which I will be against, too, though I predict types like you, if you follow through logically, would be in favor of.
 
Last edited:
That's one way to think about it, in a legal way. I'm thinking about it in an ideological way. If you feel the need to silence your opponents or critics because they disagree with your political views, you aren't a friend of freedom of speech.

If the person is a public figure with public bad acts, is reminding people of those acts silencing them? What is the line?
 
But you only arrive at "hypocrite" by using fallacious reasoning, to which you just added circular reasoning...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Whats the fallicious reasoning? I dont know much about NoahFence but I am already certain he has never called out violence from the left. I'll happily be shown to be wrong.
 
...Ah, so you agree with what CNN did here?

Not Really

...It's ok for a big business to harass private citizens, possibly breaking the law?

I don't think they broke the law.

...Are you defending it out of principle of defending "the man" versus defending "the little guy" or does your hatred of Trump cause you to throw all your liberal principles out of the window?


I'm more of a "Big Picture" kind of guy. Over the holiday weekend I gave in to temptation and started watching the worst of the worst on Youtube. Yes, that notorious cesspit of backbiting ideologues known collectively as the Photography channels. Never have I seen so many infantile comments. I'm hoping after this little covfefe people will start thinking twice about writing some **** on the internet!
 
If the person is a public figure with public bad acts, is reminding people of those acts silencing them? What is the line?

Its a silly gif. How about lets save the outrage for when its needed. It just looks so bad for CNN right now. They've had a really bad week and they cant seem to able to stop digging.
 
Its a silly gif. How about lets save the outrage for when its needed. It just looks so bad for CNN right now. They've had a really bad week and they cant seem to able to stop digging.

We are discussing if it is needed. I don't accept that contention.
 
The ability of memeslingers to control the drooling and goobering credophile cogs of this or that outrage machine is reaching profound levels of facetiousness.
 
The ability of memeslingers to control the drooling and goobering credophile cogs of this or that outrage machine is reaching profound levels of facetiousness.

What he said. I'm baffled that people are defending this.
 
So you oppose silly gifs and memes and calls of violence from the left as well? Your last two responses to me have been void of arguments. I guess its all you have when you are defending the indefensible.

This thread ain't about me, but since you asked, I oppose all calls and acts of violence.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom