Google it.....which was?
Google it.
OK, I deleted the play-by-play about your argument with others, which really doesn't interest me. Is the highlighted portion of this your main argument, supported by the second part? My perception is that you and others have imported an argument from somewhere else, and I missed parts of it. Again, just trying to understand your point here....there are a vast range of phenomenon that we cannot detect….and I provided a list of them. Essentially, there does not exist any consensus about what consciousness even is, let alone how to detect it or the infinite variety of ways in which we experience it. The very very very obvious point being that detecting any variety of neural activity is vastly different than detecting subjective consciousness itself or the very explicit and substantial phenomenon that is our experience of any of the words on that list.
Maybe it would. Since you haven't read it, and I haven't read it either, that's just wishful thinking though. If you have a point, I'd rather hear it in your own words.annnnoid said:Unlike Argent, I have no problem finding evidence for my positions. Go through that list if you want. I haven’t actually read ‘Irreducible Mind’ but that would likely shatter just about every skeptic bone in your body.
Proof by quote is not my thing either, and you're really starting to lose me - sounds like college kids getting high discussing deep thoughts.annnnoid said:Or you could just look for the truth in David Fincher’s brilliant little insight: “ You’re in charge, you’re not in control. Anyone who thinks they’re in control is nuts.” As in…why are we not in control?...what is it we’re not in control of?...and what, then, is in control of us? Personally, I think it has something to do with Shakespeare: ‘…all the world’s a stage…and all the men and women merely players…’
It's worth distinguishing between experiences you don't yet understand, but are easily explainable, and experiences that are currently inexplicable. There is likely to be many of the former and few of the latter.
That's nice. Come back with some evidence, and we can talk.
You missed a lot of middle ground in between "Creator" and "pure coincidence and chance events." I take it that you don't understand evolution, if that's how you describe it.
Ancient chinese proverb say;
"Man stand with mouth open for long time! waiting for fried duck to fly in"
Evolution is at times like the blind leading the blind, although I don't deny that it works.
I regard evolution as fundamental expression of what is in (for use of a better term) "the mind of God".
I feel I should point out to avoid misunderstanding, that I am not refering to any kind of Judao/christian God, more like a Hindu/Bhuddist God, or a Platonic God.
Evolution is at times like the blind leading the blind, although I don't deny that it works.
I regard evolution as fundamental expression of what is in (for use of a better term) "the mind of God".
Evolution is at times like the blind leading the blind, although I don't deny that it works.
I regard evolution as fundamental expression of what is in (for use of a better term) "the mind of God".
I feel I should point out to avoid misunderstanding, that I am not refering to any kind of Judao/christian God, more like a Hindu/Bhuddist God, or a Platonic God.
Yep. Sure. That's just a list of emotional states. We can detect those.So we now have not only Argent but Pixy claiming that we have detected everything on that list
Yet again, this is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. Even that brush-off was a link, and it followed numerous other links and references, all of which you ignored.And then, to substantiate the claim, we have:
“google it”
Completely wrong - as always.Of course, Pixy now bluntly insists that he made no such claim.
If by that you mean that you don't have any evidence and never will - yes, we know.Ancient chinese proverb say;
"Man stand with mouth open for long time! waiting for fried duck to fly in"
You think evolution is the mind of god but you don't know what kind of god you believe in?
How can you say anything about the mind of something when you're not even sure what kind it is?
It doesn't "work" so much as "happen".
It's actually just common sense. Genes which work well in their environment will survive and get passed on. Genes which don't work well in their environment won't survive and won't get passed on. There's no direction to it, no intent, nothing like that, it's just the logical consequence of the things we know to be true about the world around us.
Maybe you should read up on evolution and then come back.
I wager 'common sense' originated in the mind of God.
No, the word is just fine.I don't 'believe' in a God, belief is a highly over rated word (I'm sure I don't need to explain this to you guys).
So it's just a general all-purpose irrationality?I have a faith (I am aware of scientific explanations of faith), however I don't often define what I have a faith in. Such a definition may not be easy in this thread, or understood.
No."Mind of God", is a phrase refering to an assumed (for the sake of argument) source of principles/laws of nature, such as gravity for example and evolution.
Why?