• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Chaos Magic

I suggest you pay more attention to your own internal state and less to mine.

Finish the quote: but by every word that comes from the mouth of god

So you want me to hear god?

As to 'A summary of the human condition" I have this feeling you were being a bit sarcastic there.

Keep posting and one day you too will have 12,000 posts. You'll love the 10,000 post ceremony.


,,,,tsig, there is simply no point in responding to you anymore. You say less than nothing. As for the challenge, I was quite serious. But why bother. You'd obviously be a lot happier pounding out another 10,000 meaningless posts than a single one that would actually teach you something. Small things for small minds.
 
Actually, we know exactly what a human being is: a member of the species homo sapiens sapiens. We aren't yet sure of how exactly we work or what we are capable of, but we know what we are.

....this has got to be the funniest thing I've heard for a long time. Your name isn't Pixy is it? Let's just wait and see if any of your fellow skeptics have the balls to point out the universe sized holes in this sad excuse for an argument. At the moment I'm stuck on a miniature portable keyboard which is pissing me off no end so I'm simply not interested in typing any more than absolutely necessary.
 
You'd obviously be a lot happier pounding out another 10,000 meaningless posts than a single one that would actually teach you something. Small things for small minds.

But Swami, there are other small minds like mine waiting for your wise typing.
 
Last edited:
....this has got to be the funniest thing I've heard for a long time. Your name isn't Pixy is it? Let's just wait and see if any of your fellow skeptics have the balls to point out the universe sized holes in this sad excuse for an argument. At the moment I'm stuck on a miniature portable keyboard which is pissing me off no end so I'm simply not interested in typing any more than absolutely necessary.
No, we're not going to do your thinking for you. If you want to respond to a post, by all means, respond.
 
Cool - can we see it working?

Yes, take lots of drugs.



eta - of course, no one else will be able to see it working, but we'll have another anecdote to troll sceptical websites with and, at the end of the day, that's what is important.
 
Last edited:
,,,,tsig, there is simply no point in responding to you anymore. You say less than nothing. As for the challenge, I was quite serious. But why bother. You'd obviously be a lot happier pounding out another 10,000 meaningless posts than a single one that would actually teach you something. Small things for small minds.

I'm supposed to teach myself by my own posts? With my small mind?

Why in the world did you think you had any right to set challenges for anybody?
 
....this has got to be the funniest thing I've heard for a long time. Your name isn't Pixy is it? Let's just wait and see if any of your fellow skeptics have the balls to point out the universe sized holes in this sad excuse for an argument. At the moment I'm stuck on a miniature portable keyboard which is pissing me off no end so I'm simply not interested in typing any more than absolutely necessary.

Funny style of argument: Challenge others to make your arguments for you.
 
....this has got to be the funniest thing I've heard for a long time. Your name isn't Pixy is it?

Your name isn't RevDisturba, is it?

No. I am not Pixy. My style of posting tends to be very similar to his, though. He and Myriad are two of the posters whom I spent the most time reading when I joined, and I lack the talent to write posts as linguistically perfect as Myriad's, so... Pixy it is. :p

Let's just wait and see if any of your fellow skeptics have the balls to point out the universe sized holes in this sad excuse for an argument. At the moment I'm stuck on a miniature portable keyboard which is pissing me off no end so I'm simply not interested in typing any more than absolutely necessary.

Or you could try something new and actually make your own argument.
 
Last edited:
At the moment I'm stuck on a miniature portable keyboard which is pissing me off no end so I'm simply not interested in typing any more than absolutely necessary.

And yet you do type more than absolutely necessary with every post, every word and every letter.

And please God have Mercy with that poor little keyboard. :(
 
Cool - can we see it working?


Who is we?

YOU can see it working by doing it YOURSELF which is the point Sam Harris was trying to make when he said build YOUR own telescope. Are you guys deliberatley trying to miss that point? I suppose if you have a mouse in your pocket while you do your chaos magic at home then you could say 'we see it working'.
 
Last edited:
Who is we?

YOU can see it working by doing it YOURSELF which is the point Sam Harris was trying to make when he said build YOUR own telescope. Are you guys deliberatley trying to miss that point? I suppose if you have a mouse in your pocket while you do your chaos magic at home then you could say 'we see it working'.
I don't think you read the Sam Harris article about "building your own telescope".

He was not doing it alone and he was not going to abandon evidence based science.

But is there a point to miss yet?

In the OP you talked of evaluating the claims of mystics.

29 pages later and we stlll have not heard of a single evaluatable claim.
 
Who is we?
Me, and/or others in the thread who would like to experience a demo of what it can do.

YOU can see it working by doing it YOURSELF which is the point Sam Harris was trying to make when he said build YOUR own telescope. Are you guys deliberatley trying to miss that point? I suppose if you have a mouse in your pocket while you do your chaos magic at home then you could say 'we see it working'.
I don't know how to do it (I did read the start of the thread), and I have doubts that it actually works, so before I spend a lot of time and effort trying to get it to work for me, I was hoping that you, as an adept, could demonstrate something that would spark my enthusiasm - the way the juggler I met at the Hop Festival showed me a few amazing juggles which sparked my enthusiasm and led me to discover I could juggle a bit (but not very well).

I'm not sure quite what amazing things chaos magic can do, but, for example, if you could tell me anything about the contents of my house that I wouldn't expect you to know, that would really spark my interest. But anything that you can tell me about anything that I know but wouldn't expect you to know would probably do it.

Is that possible?
 
Somebody please use chaos magic to accurately predict a future post that will be made in this thread.
 
Somebody please use chaos magic to accurately predict a future post that will be made in this thread.
You don't need magic to do that, as long as you know someone who'll tell you what they're going to post (or you could do it yourself).
 
You don't need magic to do that, as long as you know someone who'll tell you what they're going to post (or you could do it yourself).

How about a post by a well respected skeptical user on this board? It would be hard to make the prediction and post it in this forum because people could read it and find a way to cheat

How could a prediction of a post be made but not revealed until somebody posts it? We would have to have proof that the prediction was made in advance.

If he could predict which member it would be, maybe they could send the PM to another trusted skeptical member who could reveal it in the future if it happens. Sounds like a good experiment in magic.
 
How about a post by a well respected skeptical user on this board? It would be hard to make the prediction and post it in this forum because people could read it and find a way to cheat

How could a prediction of a post be made but not revealed until somebody posts it? We would have to have proof that the prediction was made in advance.
That's easy - post an MD5 hash of the prediction. Then when the prediction is posted, anyone can calculate the hash themselves and show that either they really made that prediction or they've proved that P=NP.

Which by curious coincidence also has a million-dollar prize attached to it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom