• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Cats are Classy Drinkers (NYT Article)

To the cat haters...

Cats are just as aware of our emotions, expressions and gestures...

...they just don't care.


:D
 
Well, dogs have also been bred to understand the signals, expressions, etc of humans for a very long time as opposed to cats, which were doing fine catching vermin on their own.

Yeah, which is why I said dogs have had more time.

( I am no cat hater either, I've had cats my whole life. I find it interesting how cat lovers find it easy to write off cats as just as capable at understanding the world of humans as dogs are, blaming it on apathy. I have a friend who despised dogs as stupid animals that are slaves to obedience, and claims it's the intelligence of cats that makes them so aloof. I really don't like it when people do that. )


What is strange to me is that, using the fossil record, modern dogs seem to only have evolved about 10-15 thousand years ago. But in this episode of NOVA, new genetic evidence is suggesting something more akin to 100,000 years. If this is true, we may owe our success as a species a lot more to dogs than we think. I love animals who live in symbiotic relationships.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom