delphi_ote
Philosopher
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2005
- Messages
- 5,994
In my early college years, I was digging through a book of myths for various cultures. At one point, I stumbled across a fantastic myth. The story is supposed to explain why women menstruate. It's my favorite by far. It's just insane.
Problem is, I can't remember any details about it aside from the fantastic story itself. The book I got it from is somewhere in Ohio, and people (rightly) look at me like I'm crazy when I bring it up. My Google searches have all come back empty. I'm hoping some erudite individual around here might be able to identify the culture of origin and the names of the characters, because I just have no idea.
Before I go on, I should warn you that this myth is not for the faint of heart. If it were a movie, the MPAA would have to come up with a new rating. Even fowlsound and I would be challenged to invent a story like this. Consider yourself warned...
(Yes, the Google searches were very weird.)
Problem is, I can't remember any details about it aside from the fantastic story itself. The book I got it from is somewhere in Ohio, and people (rightly) look at me like I'm crazy when I bring it up. My Google searches have all come back empty. I'm hoping some erudite individual around here might be able to identify the culture of origin and the names of the characters, because I just have no idea.
Before I go on, I should warn you that this myth is not for the faint of heart. If it were a movie, the MPAA would have to come up with a new rating. Even fowlsound and I would be challenged to invent a story like this. Consider yourself warned...
In a nut shell, there were are these two brothers (not sure if they're gods or heros or what.) One had an insanely long wang. He was apparently quite the ladies' man, as his hobby was to swing through the trees and have long range intercourse with all of them while he flew by. The less endowed brother apparently got jealous or embarassed about all this, so one day he just Lorena Bobbits it down to a bloody stub. All the ladies missed the wild times, so they took turns stopping by to pay their injured stud conjugal visits. Apparently his wound rubbed off on them (ouch!)
And now you know why women menstruate.
And now you know why women menstruate.
(Yes, the Google searches were very weird.)
