nvidiot
Botanical Jedi
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2010
- Messages
- 2,121
Quick question that came to me just then:
If members of Al Quaeda are classed as unlawful combatants, and can't be tried under the rules of war, (no POW status etc), does that mean they can't be charged with War Crimes under the Geneva Convention? Or are there specific rules within the convention that allow for unlawful combatants to be charged with crimes of war?
I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, but I'd be interested to see what the answer is from the illustrious members of the JREF.
(please move if this is in wrong sub forum.
)
If members of Al Quaeda are classed as unlawful combatants, and can't be tried under the rules of war, (no POW status etc), does that mean they can't be charged with War Crimes under the Geneva Convention? Or are there specific rules within the convention that allow for unlawful combatants to be charged with crimes of war?
I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, but I'd be interested to see what the answer is from the illustrious members of the JREF.
(please move if this is in wrong sub forum.
Last edited: