• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Can Someone Help Me Figure Out Firefox's Reload Behaviour?

Prometheus

Acolyte of Víðarr
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
50,595
I've been using Firefox 2 for a while now, and have been always annoyed that I need to actually press the "reload" button all the time to refresh pages. I do not like any of the add-ons I've found, such as ReloadEvery because they work on a time-interval basis.

What I want is for Firefox to reload a page every time I navigate to it, including when I do so by hitting the "Back" button from another page, and at no other time, unless I push the reload button.

Strangely, my copy of Firefox actually started doing exactly what I want it to do spontaneously, for a few days last week, and has now reverted back to normal. A sugestion I came across on another forum was to alter the <browser.cache.check_doc_frequency> setting in about:config to "1". I tried that, and rebooted, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone else got a clue?
 
Well, you could try to turn off the cache:

browser.cache.disk.enable
and
browser.cache.memory.enable

Options for both caches:
True
False
 
Well, you could try to turn off the cache:

browser.cache.disk.enable
and
browser.cache.memory.enable

Options for both caches:
True
False

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but it didn't work.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom