• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Can jumping Mexicans cause an earthquake?

I think we all do. :D
Including myself when I made the title. I thought, "is there a way that I can include beans in there?" It didn't work out. The closest I thought of was, "Can Mexican jumping beings cause an earthquake?"
 
Is anyone else here old enough to remember when you could buy real Mexican jumping beans at the five and dime? You could also get the kind that were basically a medication capsule with a little ball bearing in it. Those were probably better.
 
Is anyone else here old enough to remember when you could buy real Mexican jumping beans at the five and dime? You could also get the kind that were basically a medication capsule with a little ball bearing in it. Those were probably better.

Yeah, I had a little tin of a half dozen or so... mid-sixties I guess.
No idea where the folks picked it up... Knottsberry Farm, Scott's Valley or some similar local tourist spot.

Don't even recall how long the little worms/larvae lasted.
 
Is anyone else here old enough to remember when you could buy real Mexican jumping beans at the five and dime? You could also get the kind that were basically a medication capsule with a little ball bearing in it. Those were probably better.

Yep, I remember the cardboard stand up display, with a few of them each in their own little clear plastic box, noisily jumping all over the place at the checkout counter of the local 5 & dime in the 60's.
Kids today, with their hand held video games, will never know the simple joy of holding an imported worm, in a bean, that's jumping around in a box, in their hand.
Somehow the world seems a little less magical now.
 
Last edited:
Well... we've still got that wicked ass fast shrimp that blasts open clams. I'd like to see that TBH
:D
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom