• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Burning questions about soap

Which brings up another burning question about soap:

Does the absence of bubbles in the sink mean that the dish soap's cleaning power is all used up, or only that the bubble making component is gone? Are there two components?

As Brian-M noted, suds don't form on their own, you need to make them by churning the water. So the absence of bubbles does not, on its own, indicate that the soap is "used up". However, I think it's also true that once the soap is used up (ie, all bonded to the filthy grease), then it won't help stabilize any bubbles you create and you won't get much suds.
 
The dog shampoo recipe I used was half dish soap and half vinegar, diluted with water. I don't know about the necessity of "pH balanced for dogs" was, but it fersure got rid of the skunk smell. The recipe called for glycerine too, but I don' have any at 11:00 at night.

State of the art when my childhood poodle got squirted was bathing her in tomato juice. That was one unhappy poodle. And the smell never really went away.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom