leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2007
- Messages
- 18,863
If you know of corporations making money by usury, get in touch with a lawyer immediately. I'm sure you could make some money on a class-action suit for violation of usury laws. But of course, you don't actually have any evidence, it's just a slur you like to toss around.
There is just no other word for what major parts of the finacial sector did, especially the credit card companies and the dealers in sub-prime mortgages and credit default swaps.
The sick thing is that congress utilized usury, and it was often self-styled Christian fundamentalists who pushed the idea.
May they burn in hell.
Ah, so you're a xenophobe, too. Good to know.
I just don't want the Chinese and Vietnaqmese to be paid slave wages so that the corporations can save money while they screw over American working people. And I don't want the money they saved used to subvert our laws and governance.
Wouldn't want to make people have to compete. Heaven forfend!
Code speach for "accept less than a living wage so that dead beat CEOs can get fatter."