My son's Cub Scout pack has always allowed girls to participate in all of the activities, including camping.
Now they get to wear the uniform, too. That's about the extent of the change at this level.
TheBoy Scout Troop he might go into has apparently always allowed girls to participate as well, at least those old enough to be Venture Scouts. We went to one of the Troop's events and I didn't notice until the event was almost over, that one of the "Boy Scouts" was wearing a different color shirt and was named "Emily".
I suppose they'll need to figure out a few things with the camping aspect of things, given that the levels above Cub Scout do that with less adult supervision or parental presence. That's about it.
Now they get to wear the uniform, too. That's about the extent of the change at this level.
The
I suppose they'll need to figure out a few things with the camping aspect of things, given that the levels above Cub Scout do that with less adult supervision or parental presence. That's about it.
Last edited: