• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bigfoot - has anybody seen one? Part II.

ChrisBFRPKY

Illuminator
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
4,449
This is because you have no background in, or understanding of, primate physiology. Subtle, millimetric differences in facial and somatic features can and do determine which species a given animal belongs to. All that's required is 1) knowledge and 2) close analysis of existing data.



There are exactly zero pictures of bigfoot, or of any animal purported to be bigfoot, that are as clear and evidential as the 1906 picture under discussion.

You haven't seen the photo, have you?



The standard of proof does not differ. You're mistaken.

You're also missing the larger point, which is that the Cross River gorilla was already known to exist. It was observed and studied by western science as early as 1904. It simply was not given its own subspecies until behavioral differences led some researchers to speculate, "Hmmm, I wonder if maybe this is a distinct subspecies?"

Equating the ascription of a new taxonomic classification to an animal already known and studied is not the same as "discovering" an entirely new, never-before-studied animal. I'm not sure which logical fallacy that is, but it's a huge one.

Was there a question in there somewhere I missed? Did you want me to respond to this part?: "This is because you have no background in, or understanding of, primate physiology."


I read thru your post of course. If you would like to talk more about the Cross River Gorillas, I'm fine with that but you'll probably need to start a new thread.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought your post was meant to be educational aside from a little snarky remark in the beginning.
 
The walk is right on. That smooth gliding stroll is exactly the same.

The head shape is wrong for a female. (here in KY) The female I witnessed had a rounded head. The male's head (here in KY) looks like Patty's , gorilla-like with the sagittal crest.

The nose is wrong. A slitted nose like a gorilla is what I've seen, BUT,this was on a male.

The female face (nose) was obscured by hair and distance. I'm not sure of her nose description because I could not see it clearly.

For the love of Dog, why does no one ever have a camera with them when they observe these kinds of details?

RayG
 
For the love of Dog, why does no one ever have a camera with them when they observe these kinds of details?

RayG

I did on several occaisions Ray. And I was unable to capture anything conclusive. Only adding to blobsquatchery with my poor attempts.

I still try though. I have better equipment now, just need the hairy ones to cooperate with another close up encounter.
 
That kind of detail on camera would blow away the PGF :jaw-dropp

And yet(i), there is no such detail on camera even after all these years. One guy (who just happened to be making a Big Foot movie at the time) supposedly caught one on film, but none of the great white hunters has managed anything close to that since. It's almost as if the dang things don't exist.
 
...But there are always new creatures being discovered, new primates to this day. You don't like the Cross River Gorillas, ok how about the snub nosed monkey. Creepy looking little rascal but relatively new to science.

To sit back and say "We have already discovered everything that's out there" is kinda irresponsible. There's no way to know that.
:D The hilarity is you thinking you're trying to convince us of something. You're just trying to convince yourself. Why else come to this vast wasteland of Buzz Killington skeptics, known to have zero respect for your Bigfoot idol Bill Munns? And then make over 100 posts in less than a week's time defending him and Bigfoot? FTR I post less in an entire year. It's as if Bigfoot's cosmic license to exist depends solely on the amount of BIF™ (Bigfoot Intestinal Fortitude™) you can sustain in a hostile environment. That is, if you can endure the JREF hell and come out the other end perhaps scathed but still bleevin, then Bigfoot LIVES!

"If we can just get enough of us to say it, it's gotta be true."

Earlier you offered "...If you live nearby and wish to go out trekking let's go. I'm not for hire and I don't make deliveries. If you wanna solve the bigfoot mystery for yourself you'll need to put in the time and mileage trekking to do so. I have a great area available and you are welcome. Or you can sit by your computer and continue thinking someone should solve the mystery for you. I won't. But if you agree to put in say 18 months or so of effort there's a very good chance you'll solve it for yourself..."

Seriously? Are you just practicing your Amway pitch to a new audience? Apparently I'm unworthy of knowing the Bigfoot Truth™ unless I prove it by going through 18 months (not 6 or 12? Days?) of Bigfoot Monk rituals like driving in circles late at night yelling Bigfoot's name howl in vain whilst trying to capture actual Bigfoot farts with a fishing net and some Jim Beam? With a regular recitation of the Bigfooter's Pledge of Bigfoot Allegiance To Love This Bar thrown in for good measure? The question is, after 18 months of all that would I come back with a.) A whole body specimen, dead or alive, b.) Hair clippings? c.) A Real® Bigfoot Turd in a sealed glass jar? d.) Just another out of focus picture of a Real® Bigfoot turd in a sealed glass jar?

"The Letter D for $1,000 Alex."

Then you wrote, "...The easy way is to just deny everything and never make the effort to solve the mystery. If that's for you that's great. I'm of a different opinion."

Yes of course, how could I be so obtuse, it's me who's in denial.

So I'll ask again, do you have any ******* clue (or a regular clue too) how to genuinely shut us all up? That doesn't actually involve any of us and creepy late night Bigfoot Round-ups in rural Kentucky?
 
:D The hilarity is you thinking you're trying to convince us of something. You're just trying to convince yourself. Why else come to this vast wasteland of Buzz Killington skeptics, known to have zero respect for your Bigfoot idol Bill Munns? And then make over 100 posts in less than a week's time defending him and Bigfoot? FTR I post less in an entire year. It's as if Bigfoot's cosmic license to exist depends solely on the amount of BIF™ (Bigfoot Intestinal Fortitude™) you can sustain in a hostile environment. That is, if you can endure the JREF hell and come out the other end perhaps scathed but still bleevin, then Bigfoot LIVES!

"If we can just get enough of us to say it, it's gotta be true."

Earlier you offered "...If you live nearby and wish to go out trekking let's go. I'm not for hire and I don't make deliveries. If you wanna solve the bigfoot mystery for yourself you'll need to put in the time and mileage trekking to do so. I have a great area available and you are welcome. Or you can sit by your computer and continue thinking someone should solve the mystery for you. I won't. But if you agree to put in say 18 months or so of effort there's a very good chance you'll solve it for yourself..."

Seriously? Are you just practicing your Amway pitch to a new audience? Apparently I'm unworthy of knowing the Bigfoot Truth™ unless I prove it by going through 18 months (not 6 or 12? Days?) of Bigfoot Monk rituals like driving in circles late at night yelling Bigfoot's name howl in vain whilst trying to capture actual Bigfoot farts with a fishing net and some Jim Beam? With a regular recitation of the Bigfooter's Pledge of Bigfoot Allegiance To Love This Bar thrown in for good measure? The question is, after 18 months of all that would I come back with a.) A whole body specimen, dead or alive, b.) Hair clippings? c.) A Real® Bigfoot Turd in a sealed glass jar? d.) Just another out of focus picture of a Real® Bigfoot turd in a sealed glass jar?

"The Letter D for $1,000 Alex."

Then you wrote, "...The easy way is to just deny everything and never make the effort to solve the mystery. If that's for you that's great. I'm of a different opinion."

Yes of course, how could I be so obtuse, it's me who's in denial.

So I'll ask again, do you have any ******* clue (or a regular clue too) how to genuinely shut us all up? That doesn't actually involve any of us and creepy late night Bigfoot Round-ups in rural Kentucky?

You want me to bring you a Bigfoot to your front door? LOL Even if I could why would I do that? What's my motivation? To better serve you?

As I already said, I don't deliver. You want answers to the mystery? Go get 'em is my advice. If not, the only person you have to blame is yourself.
 
One problem with the Cross River gorilla photo from 1906? It's an adult male chimpanzee, not a young male gorilla.

Concur.
As listed at the Smithsonian archive.

Good catch, Shrike. I should have looked closer. I was looking more at the stomach than the face.

Now going back to what Chris was saying...

I just think it's kinda funny how someone can view a black and white photo on Wiki supposedly taken in 1906 of a dead Cross River Gorilla and accept it as fact.

Yet those same folks will scoff at a similar photo if it was supposedly Bigfoot.

I understand the argument that the Gorilla has already been proven to exist, so a subspecies was always possible. But the standard of proof does seem to differ.


I will admit though, a body should be on file to document any new species discovery.

Again I would like to ask, if I look at a photo of a dead chimp, gorilla, orangutan, or any known extant animal, and I have no problem as accepting it as such, but I look at an alleged photo of a dead Bigfoot and my first thought is to think photoshop hoax or something along that line, what is unfair about that and what is not right about those differing standards?
 
You want me to bring you a Bigfoot to your front door? LOL Even if I could why would I do that? What's my motivation? To better serve you?

As I already said, I don't deliver. You want answers to the mystery? Go get 'em is my advice. If not, the only person you have to blame is yourself.

If there are 12 foot Bigfoots living in Kentucky, they will be killed by humans. You're literally talking about what would be one of the largest land mammals in North America and there it is in Kentucky.
 
hestonhahaha.gif


HarryHenderson's post has cost me one glass of soda, 2/3rds of a cigarette, and both of my sides
 
You want me to bring you a Bigfoot to your front door? LOL Even if I could why would I do that? What's my motivation? To better serve you?

As I already said, I don't deliver. You want answers to the mystery? Go get 'em is my advice. If not, the only person you have to blame is yourself.

Actually he wants you to provide evidence of your claims, otherwise their just bovine scat.
 
It's very hard to believe a person can see a slitted nose and other details, but can't get those details into a modern camera so that others can see them.

How can you be close enough to see details with your eyes, but too far away for a half decent camera to back up your observations?
 
<snip>
So I'll ask again, do you have any ******* clue (or a regular clue too) how to genuinely shut us all up? That doesn't actually involve any of us and creepy late night Bigfoot Round-ups in rural Kentucky?

And I saw Deliverance, so I'm sure as hell not going to Kentucky to hang out for 18 months in the woods with a so-called bigfooter!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom