If no one else will own to it, then I suppose that makes me the sole exception to the highlighted "rule". I came here sincerely believing in the possibility of bigfoot... and was sincerely persuaded otherwise after being confronted by a steady stream of evidence (or lack thereof), some two months into my membership.
And I'm still here 5 years later. Surely I'm not the only former-believer-now-ardent-skeptic on the JREF! I was under the impression that most or many of us came to bigfoot initially as believers, or at least intrigued by the possibility, only to be disabused of our folly on closer examination. That's not just me, is it?
No, it is not just you. I signed up in May of the same year and I think I read
every word written by you and all the responses.
I learned quite a bit from those exchanges.
I came to the forum with a belief in the possibility (of BF), but not from the PGF.
Just a general "can't have explored all the wilderness in NA."
I was also a believer in all things ghostly until I started to read the forums
for Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters.
Wow, the hosts of those shows are ridiculous. Ludicrous.
I asked myself, why are they so damn defensive about their methods and
results?
Because it is all faked.
Plus, why is it the only thing these damn ghosts can do is move a chair?
blow out a candle? Where is the message from beyond?
I wasn't to afraid to let go of Bigfoot, that was kind of a cartoon belief for me.
Letting go of religion (raised Catholic) that took a little more time, but I feel
free of the responsibility of meeting impossible demands from the scary man in the
sky. I was young (13) when I stopped going to mass, but the belief and dogma
stayed long after.
Anyway, I have come a long way in five years.
Thinking for myself, that's a good thing.

Thank you Vortigern99, for all your questions.