• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bible proves Job existed.

Huh? In what way was I trying to prove a negative possible? I just said that there was no evidence for an actual man from whom the story of Job came (pointing out a lack of evidence,) NOT that there was no man from whom the story came (attempting to prove a negative.) If you're going to pick nits, read carefully. In any case, the thread really isn't about Job in particular, so your reference to an ancient text, while certainly worthwhile and interesting, doesn't end the discussion.

I was recently confronted with this argument (that because X is in the bible it's historical fact, basically) somewhere on the internet (sorry, can't recall where.) I replied that using that same logic I could argue that there is an evil alien clown monster living underneath Derry, Maine. Both are in books, after all. In any case, to a believer the bible can be sufficient proof. It's a crappy standard of evidence, but that seems to be the way a good many people think.

Pennywise has far more credibility as a character than anything written in the bible
my main reasoning on this is
"we all float down here"
mwahahaha
:clwink:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom