• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bias or Opinion?

No, I don't think opinions have to be inherently biased. Different people perceive different facts or have different interpretations of observed situations. It is not necessary for those opinions to be coloured by a priori assumptions, which is what bias is.
Ah, I was using a much broader definition of "bias". Also, absent of an example of what brought on this discussion I was thinking of opinions of movies, which are often effected by everything from nostalgia to one's personal interest in a certain theme or how much they relate to a character, all of which fell under my broad definition of bias.

I know you didn't want to bring up the thread that inspired this but I went to your post history and looked up the discussion you were talking about. I see you were talking about having opinions without having any particular desire/agenda toward that opinion, and in that context I totally agree.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom