Cactus Wren
Muse
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2006
- Messages
- 895
Bolding mine:
No, it is not. I did a Google search on the phrase "saving the planet one light bulb at a time" and got "About 1,870 results".
I've just read my way through this entire thread, but it's possible that in my rapid reading I've missed a few postings or a few elements of postings.
First let me make clear my own position: that a law prohibiting sale of socks knitted in a mixture of Fiberglas and asbestos fiber is not "a ban on socks". That said:
Has mhaze produced a single argument that does not fall into one or more of the following four categories?
1. "If I add a line in stereotypically Russian syntax, including a reference to 'the Party', I'm making some kind of point."
2. "Bulb truthers! Bulb truthers! Bulb truthers!"
3. "Encouraging the use of lightbulbs that are not hideously inefficient is the same as racism."
4. "But I WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNT them!"
"Saving the Planet One Light Bulb At A Time" is a well understood progressive and greenie catchy tune style phrase with 1.7M google hits, so no misrepresentation here.
No, it is not. I did a Google search on the phrase "saving the planet one light bulb at a time" and got "About 1,870 results".
I've just read my way through this entire thread, but it's possible that in my rapid reading I've missed a few postings or a few elements of postings.
First let me make clear my own position: that a law prohibiting sale of socks knitted in a mixture of Fiberglas and asbestos fiber is not "a ban on socks". That said:
Has mhaze produced a single argument that does not fall into one or more of the following four categories?
1. "If I add a line in stereotypically Russian syntax, including a reference to 'the Party', I'm making some kind of point."
2. "Bulb truthers! Bulb truthers! Bulb truthers!"
3. "Encouraging the use of lightbulbs that are not hideously inefficient is the same as racism."
4. "But I WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNT them!"

