• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Australia

Since we're having a little musical interlude . . .


​

Someone might be able to help me out here. I have been searching for a version of this song I believe was called the marbo version. It uses the re-recorded guitar track for the 1989 re-release. See below, I still can't get this embedding thing right :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvIH1XQ-uk

Anyway the Marbo version has a long didgeridoo intro, and the instrument features again during a pretty heavy guitar solo. The only place I ever heard it was on Sydney's Triple M.

For the record I consider the definitive version of this song was at the Sydney Flood Relief concert
 
Someone might be able to help me out here. I have been searching for a version of this song I believe was called the marbo version. It uses the re-recorded guitar track for the 1989 re-release. See below, I still can't get this embedding thing right :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvIH1XQ-uk

Anyway the Marbo version has a long didgeridoo intro, and the instrument features again during a pretty heavy guitar solo. The only place I ever heard it was on Sydney's Triple M.

For the record I consider the definitive version of this song was at the Sydney Flood Relief concert


Is this it, mate?


​
 
Thats a dead classy piece of music. I've never heard of this guy, after that it annoys me that I haven't

He was the lead guitarist and only non aboriginal in Warumpi Band, the first band to sing a rock song in an aboriginal language. Their most famous song was My Island Home, later covered by Christine Anu. In 1986/87 they toured with Midnight Oil on the Blackfella/Whitefella Tour.

Here's a couple of their numbers:

Jailangaru Pakarnu:


My Island Home (in my opinion one of the finest aussie rock songs ever recorded):


Yolgnu Boy:


Blackfella/Whitefella and The Dead Heart with Midnight Oil:


http://allmusic.com/album/go-bush-r491978
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Island_Home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warumpi_Band
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Burarrwanga
 
It might help if you spelled it "Mabo"... :p

LOL - I can safely say I tried both spellings. It looks like the key to a successful search is to use remix instead.

I wonder if the 30 minute version used during a 2000 New Years eve show was ever released or even bootlegged
 
My Island Home (in my opinion one of the finest aussie rock songs ever recorded):

Thanks for all the info. I agree it is definately up there. The Church, Under The Milky Way is another exceptional piece of song writing.

I know you are not a big fan of Christine Anu's version of Island Home, but the version she sang for the 2000 Olympics was outstanding
 
No problemo.

If that was good, this'll be better:

Great Southern Land - Birralku Dhangudha Mix

​

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much. Now that I have the actual name should not be hard to find and buy
 
icon14.gif


Always a pleasure.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom