I am also a "recovering Catholic", but after 2 decades I'm all done with guilt, thanks. I do not pray, but I am respectfully quiet when others do; and we do have our own little rituals, they're just not religious in nature. For example, while my daughter does not say her prayers at night, my husband and I together sing a little song to her that we've sung every night since she was about 3 months old...part of me fears that she will soon decide she's outgrown it (she's 9-1/2 now), part of me thinks she never will.
I was surprised to find, at my brother's father-in-law's (and mother-in-law's, they died two days apart) funerarl Mass that I still knew all the responses, and some of them came out automatically. It was an odd experience, watching that familiar and yet long-gone ritual with different eyes.
We also have some fairly fixed ritual behavior having to do with watching baseball games. The Seattle Mariners have a moose for a mascot, and for 14 years I've had a moose puppet in a Mariners shirt that comes to games with me. Mini Moose is on my hand, clapping and cheering (in his own little moosely voice) when the Mariners bat; if the M's score a run, the Moose needs to "high-five" the people around us. The Moose is not on my hand when the opposition bats. While I realize that the puppet has no effect on what happens on the field, those rules are automatized. It adds a note of fun to the game for me, and for the people (especially kids) around us.
It also gives me "puppet immunity": You can say about anything if you A) Have a puppet on your hand, moving; and B) Use a goofy voice. Thus the Moose can say, "Hey, are you texting the game to your friend?" to the teenager with the ubiquitous cellphone, and they will laugh and put the phone away--whereas my suggesting that they're missing a great game will only annoy them. Strange, but true.
Anyway, ritual is an ancient and universal human practice; find what works for you. I personally think that it would be disrespectful for me to mouth prayers I don't believe in.
And, in answer to an earlier post, you bet your arse you can get fired--or not be promoted--if you let the office know you're an atheist. Too many people think that Atheist=No Morality. And, AFAIK, you have no legal grounds, since you're not being discriminated against for your religious beliefs.
My thoughts, as always, Miss Kitt