• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Artificial Intelligence

Thereby proving the government are not super intelligent. QED.
It entertains me to occasionally make-up weak but entertaining conspiracy theories. Maybe they're trying to rename it because the secret government program already attained true real intelligence, and it's smarter than us. And it's already running things, but it's so intelligent that it's doing what's best for our species as a whole, to get us ready for the next evolutionary phase. :oops:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's more fun that "Trump said crazy crap again". Is it stupid and annoying? Yes. Of course it is. It's clearly intended to be stupid and to get under people's skin. It's not even subtle that the president has spent the last decade literally trolling the libs. It's got to be a pain in the ass for everyone affected by it... but it's not ultimately harmful. Nobody at all is injured by it, it doesn't kill anyone. But it will guarantee that offended libs are successfully being trolled, because that will be the thing they talk about non-stop for two weeks as if it's end of the world. It beautifully makes some internet progressives come across as if they've lost touch with reality.

On the other hand... I also got a solid laugh out of the fact that Apple's map on my phone now says "Gulf of America" and "Lake Ontario". And in Google Maps they're "Gulf of Mexico (Gulf of America)" and "Lake Ontario (Lake America)". So whether we like it or not, Trump does apparently have the authority to rename things. Mind boggling, but harmless.

Or I suppose Apple and Google could think it's funny and are just rolling with the chef's kiss example of social media culture being put in charge of the country being a horrible idea.
 
It entertains me to occasionally make-up weak but entertaining conspiracy theories. Maybe they're trying to rename it because the secret government program already attained true real intelligence, and it's smarter than us. And it's already running things, but it's so intelligent that it's doing what's best for our species as a whole, to get us ready for the next evolutionary phase. :oops:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's more fun that "Trump said crazy crap again". Is it stupid and annoying? Yes. Of course it is. It's clearly intended to be stupid and to get under people's skin. It's not even subtle that the president has spent the last decade literally trolling the libs. It's got to be a pain in the ass for everyone affected by it... but it's not ultimately harmful. Nobody at all is injured by it, it doesn't kill anyone. But it will guarantee that offended libs are successfully being trolled, because that will be the thing they talk about non-stop for two weeks as if it's end of the world. It beautifully makes some internet progressives come across as if they've lost touch with reality.

On the other hand... I also got a solid laugh out of the fact that Apple's map on my phone now says "Gulf of America" and "Lake Ontario". And in Google Maps they're "Gulf of Mexico (Gulf of America)" and "Lake Ontario (Lake America)". So whether we like it or not, Trump does apparently have the authority to rename things. Mind boggling, but harmless.

Or I suppose Apple and Google could think it's funny and are just rolling with the chef's kiss example of social media culture being put in charge of the country being a horrible idea.
Have you tried therapy?
 
Last edited:
mid-late 1968?

better than 'nam!!
Not that year. I was working from shaky memory. I had returned to active duty and they gave me a ride on Mac, XII if I remember correctly, which I don't much remember those days. Allowed to remain on active duty, on painkillers. Did clerk ◊◊◊◊ for a while, while fairly well stoned. They owed me, I took full advantage of it. (I was well backed-up then, good bunch of guys. Traded war stories with some of them. The fresh caught guys tended to get slack jawed. Fun to watch them. Chief said "If you boys survive ◊◊◊◊ like that I'll recommend you for CPO when it comes up for you.

That's the most I've thought about that part in several decades. Details may be loosey-goosey. I still wake up some days surprised that I had woke up. Dreams, dreams, and more dreams. Can't dream if you're dead, so I don't complain. Much.
 
It entertains me to occasionally make-up weak but entertaining conspiracy theories. Maybe they're trying to rename it because the secret government program already attained true real intelligence, and it's smarter than us. And it's already running things, but it's so intelligent that it's doing what's best for our species as a whole, to get us ready for the next evolutionary phase. :oops:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's more fun that "Trump said crazy crap again". Is it stupid and annoying? Yes. Of course it is. It's clearly intended to be stupid and to get under people's skin. It's not even subtle that the president has spent the last decade literally trolling the libs. It's got to be a pain in the ass for everyone affected by it... but it's not ultimately harmful. Nobody at all is injured by it, it doesn't kill anyone. But it will guarantee that offended libs are successfully being trolled, because that will be the thing they talk about non-stop for two weeks as if it's end of the world. It beautifully makes some internet progressives come across as if they've lost touch with reality.

On the other hand... I also got a solid laugh out of the fact that Apple's map on my phone now says "Gulf of America" and "Lake Ontario". And in Google Maps they're "Gulf of Mexico (Gulf of America)" and "Lake Ontario (Lake America)". So whether we like it or not, Trump does apparently have the authority to rename things. Mind boggling, but harmless.

Or I suppose Apple and Google could think it's funny and are just rolling with the chef's kiss example of social media culture being put in charge of the country being a horrible idea.
You do make him sound wonderfully presidential. Exactly whst we need from the leader of the most powerful country in the world.
 
That's more fun that "Trump said crazy crap again". Is it stupid and annoying? Yes. Of course it is. It's clearly intended to be stupid and to get under people's skin. It's not even subtle that the president has spent the last decade literally trolling the libs. It's got to be a pain in the ass for everyone affected by it... but it's not ultimately harmful. Nobody at all is injured by it, it doesn't kill anyone.
Tell that to the people assassinated by the US military because they were suspected of being drug smugglers and are now dead.

Tell that to the people who, listening to the president and his hand-picked HHS Secretary RFKJr, decided not to take the measles vaccine and are now dead.

Tell that to the people who relied on USAID programmes for lifesaving medication before Elon Musk, with Trump's blessing and approval, took a chainsaw to it who now can't get that medication and are now dead.

The Trump administration absolutely has a body count, and it's the high. We haven't even counted the people killed in his stupid war with Iran.
 
A thread that isn't inherently political at all devolved to political cat fights on this site. I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

I was going to post something about AI here, but clearly there's no point, as it didn't include a political rant.
 
conservatives just don’t like talking about trump anymore because he’s become such a clown and they make a big show about how much they don’t want to talk about him because the unifying force amongst them is that they’re typically incredibly insecure and fragile people.

unfortunately it’s on topic though, he just recently held an ai summit with american industry leaders and signed an eo declaring ai regulate itself, and is officially and for whatever it’s worth changing the terminology to super intelligence. those are all news worthy things that happened recently. too bad if you don’t like his personality, seems like his policies should still be fair game
 
A thread that isn't inherently political at all devolved to political cat fights on this site. I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

I was going to post something about AI here, but clearly there's no point, as it didn't include a political rant.
Sounds like you have until next year in case you change your mind.

 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom