I was having a conversation with my dad over dinner earlier tonight, and he told me about a new book he had found out about on the internet.
The author of this book, Michael Pollan, has written other books, all of which appear to link together for they have similar topics.
The book I am questioning at the moment is titled 'In defence of food - An eaters manifesto'.
Now, I am not normally into low fat or healthier alternatives to regular foods, as I find they are generally not much better for you, they do not taste as good, and can hurt the hip pocket nerve. I also believe that they are not in fact any better for me than the original food. I am not trying to promote this book as my way of saying 'I told you so' though.
To get to my point, I am really asking for not only a more mature and educated opinion than my own on this book and food in general (of which a snippet can be read on his website, michaelpollan.com) but if what the author is saying is valid and correct, and if I am right to be skeptical about it.
The author of this book, Michael Pollan, has written other books, all of which appear to link together for they have similar topics.
The book I am questioning at the moment is titled 'In defence of food - An eaters manifesto'.
Now, I am not normally into low fat or healthier alternatives to regular foods, as I find they are generally not much better for you, they do not taste as good, and can hurt the hip pocket nerve. I also believe that they are not in fact any better for me than the original food. I am not trying to promote this book as my way of saying 'I told you so' though.
To get to my point, I am really asking for not only a more mature and educated opinion than my own on this book and food in general (of which a snippet can be read on his website, michaelpollan.com) but if what the author is saying is valid and correct, and if I am right to be skeptical about it.
