• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Are Lyndon Larouche supporters tea partiers?

Seriously though, that's a good question. Is it going to be like L Ron hubbard where he is just exhaulted as some sort of mythical savior figure while they carry on his massage after he's gone...or will the whole organization collapse and the followers will go their separate ways, devastated by the fact a Lyndon Larouche presidency never happened?

Only time will tell, I suppose.
 
Do you know how influential he is politically? Again I have seen detractors who paint him as harmless and inconsequential, and others who say that he is actually very influential. I have seen the word "cult leader" to describe him but I don't know if that's hyperbole or not.

The biggest difference I have seen between his supporters' protests and tea party protests is the age range. Most of the tea party people I've seen are aged 50 and up, whereas overwhlemingly the Larouche supporters I have seen seemed to be in their twenties.

Larouche has run for President in every election for at least the last 30 years. I don't think he has ever come close to getting 1% of the vote. So I think it's safe to say he's not the least bit influential. Are his ideas (or delusions) dangerous? Yes. Does he have any real influence in American politics? None whatsoever.

ETA: Thinking back, I think he's been running for President for at least 35 years. I remember seeing some pamphlet from his organization claiming Jimmy Carter was going to start a nuclear war, and I'm sure I had seen his name as a presidential candidate before that.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom