I overestimated human intelligence. That was my mistake. I thought everyone knew that we went to the moon and that people who pretended to think we did not were just joking.
So I sent a private email, as a joke to the owner of an Apollo Hoax forum. He instantly made the email public because it was exactly what the hoax believers had been praying for.
Now, no matter how many emails I send them to tell them it was a lark, they still do not believe me.
Google "William M Thompson Apollo Hoax"
Here was my idea. All these people claim that apollo landing is a hoax. So why doesn't anyone come forward who was an engineer with Apollo? So wouldn't it be funny if I pretended to be some old guy on his death bed who was involved in the hoax.
The results were amaizing. I suddenly had offers to appear on the radio and television and write a book. I told them all it was a joke. It still does not stop the fact that believers quote me to this day.
You can also just go here and search for "William M. Thompson"
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Moon_Hoax
I still think it is funny. Sorry, my twisted sense of humor.