• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Anybody remember GOR books

There's also Gay, Bejeweled, Nazi Bikers of Gor..............
Assuming it has at least the same amount of S&M, but all gay, as the originals, please count me out. I already bailed on the "straight" stuff. :jaw-dropp
 
Last edited:
Goreans don't consider themselves part of the BDSM scene and the BDSM scene is quite happy about that. Goreans are quite adamant that they follow the philosophy espoused by Norman, in the same way that Jedi's claim the force is a valid concept. In the real world most goreans I know are just geeks who have found a way to get laid, therein lies the motivation.
:D

here's an excerpt

stupid stupid
he didn't capitalise "Master"
:D
and he left off bates.
 
I just watched Gor and found it to be tame by todays standards. I didnt even see any nude shots. It did seem to be slightly gay and kinky, and I ask a gay guy if he had seen the movie. With a groan he said he did.
 
I read the first one when I was in high school because I had some friends who were really into it. I thought it was okay but never read any others. Never knew about the sexual stuff until I saw this thread. :eye-poppi
 
I read the first one when I was in high school because I had some friends who were really into it. I thought it was okay but never read any others. Never knew about the sexual stuff until I saw this thread. :eye-poppi

yeah, the first book is kinda normal. You were lucky your weren't warped by the sequels like the rest of us.
 
I even posed one of my nude models in the position of the Gor pleasure slave.
Too bad it can't be posted here.... Bwhaaahahahahaha...
She used that one and some others to get a job with the Dark Brothers...
 
yeah, the first book is kinda normal. You were lucky your weren't warped by the sequels like the rest of us.

I've never read any of them and I'm still warped.
:degrin:
mind you I'm English

I even posed one of my nude models in the position of the Gor pleasure slave.

which position, theres approx 90 of them ?
 
Last edited:
I take it none of you have considered that Marion Zimmer Bradley and John Norman were almost perfect polar opposites of one another, and (in terms of when their books came out) contemporaries.

His books began to come out in paperback when I was in high school. After about five or six, my friends and I used to make fun of Gorean stuff when bored. My friend C, who had all of the John Carter from Mars books and all of the recently re released Conan the Barbarian books, decided to keep buying "the collection." I went along and did the same, thinking that in the future the "collection" (which I realized would never end, at about book 11) might not be so good of an investment. I ended up trading in all 11 of them, (stopped reading at the Viking story). My pain tolerance seems to be higher than most here ... and we didn't have MTV!

The trade happened in 1987 at a second hand book store. All of my Gor books and a few draft choices to be named later, traded for a barely used copy of The Forgotten Beasts of Eld.

I think I picked that store owner's pocket.
 
I take it none of you have considered that Marion Zimmer Bradley and John Norman were almost perfect polar opposites of one another, and (in terms of when their books came out) contemporaries.

Yeah, MZB was that most annoying sort - a militant misandrite feminist who managed to find most women worthy of her spite, too.
 
I even posed one of my nude models in the position of the Gor pleasure slave.
Too bad it can't be posted here.... Bwhaaahahahahaha...
She used that one and some others to get a job with the Dark Brothers...


mmm, the dark brothers. I remember them. I probably shouldn't write that I remember porn brands from the 90's but oh well. Love me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom