• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Any substance here or is this a strawman?

Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
708
http://www.slate.com/id/2245328/pagenum/all/#p2

I read this over at Slate. I can't decide if this guy is being honest or misrepresenting what is really going on. It may very well be his take on the whole thing but is there any validity to this "parable" he proposes? I particularly like the responses listed below and how simple-minded and ideological they get.
 
After a certain point, a parable gets to be so involved that you might as well just write an article about the thing itself.

Usually a parable is a simple tale, using a few clear concepts to make a straightforward point.

What's the straightforward point the author of the Slate article is trying to make?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom