• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Any powerpoint pros?

NoahFence

Banned
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
22,131
Location
Patriot Nation
Are there any experts in the house??


If anybody has ever used Powerpoint, and created handouts you know that they print very, very small. There's a ton of white space betweent the slide and the edge of the paper. I can't seem to find any options when printing to a PDF that would allow me to increase the size of the actual slide.

They want 2 up handouts, but they're way too small. Is there a way to increase it before I get it to a PDF? I can manipulate the PDF to my heart's content but I'm figuring getting it to the PDF properly is a better solution.

MS Office 2010
 
To the best of my knowledge, there's no way (within ppt) to do that. I use a workaround, though-- go to print, select print slides (not handouts), and then in your printer settings ("layout" on my computer), tell it to print multiple pages per sheet of paper. Then print that document as a pdf. If I tell it to print two pages per sheet, I get two slides with very little white space between them.
 
I never use the slide option; I print outlines. That way the students get the text but without the slide box, and it all fits on a couple pieces of paper.
 
Go into "note view" or whatever the thing is called where you can see both the slide and the notes on top of each other.

You can edit these like normal objects - including move and/or resize both fields.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom