• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Any hypothesis on pools of metal?

Devil's Advocate : One who argues against a cause or position, not as a committed opponent but simply for the sake of argument or to determine the validity of the cause or position.

That applies to both sides.

Yeah, by DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

You're trying to be both at the same time, which is not the definition of Devil's Advocate. Of course, I don't mind the name, I just mind that you can't be bothered to actually state your position. But hey, if it's all a game to you, go right ahead.

Being falsely accused and expected to accept it as if I did something wrong I cannot accept.

Toughen up.
 
Yeah, by DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

You're trying to be both at the same time, which is not the definition of Devil's Advocate. Of course, I don't mind the name, I just mind that you can't be bothered to actually state your position. But hey, if it's all a game to you, go right ahead.

Toughen up.

It does apply to both sides, because I do not play devils advocate against evidence or facts. But I do take that role towards theory, ideas, and speculation. It is not a game, this is how I am. The name fits who I am in real life. Sometimes I'll do it just so someone can see another perspective.

And, if you do not know my position, then you have not been reading a lot of what I have stated.
I have found no evidence that supports the CT claims. That should clearly state where I stand on the issue.

And you misunderstand me, by not accepting I mean that I will not let it pass like some suggested I do. I do not let something go if I feel I am being falsely labeled. I doubt you would either.
Someone questioning my honesty and honor is not a little thing to me.
 
It does apply to both sides, because I do not play devils advocate against evidence or facts.

Then you shouldn't play Devil's advocate in this instance at all, because there is no evidence or fact on the truther side.

In fact, you say so, yourself:

I have found no evidence that supports the CT claims.

So how are you NOT playing against evidence or facts ?

Someone questioning my honesty and honor is not a little thing to me.

Well, I've surmised that you are most probably not a truther, but you have to admit that your initial posts didn't help you.
 
Max Photon marvels at the Thought Police

---

Devil's Advocate,

I think one of the most beautiful aspects of the scientific process is that it incorporates - (when done properly) - that highest-of-human-responses - empathy.

A real scientist observes - takes in the world.

A real scientist generates - or gathers from others - hypotheses, models, cartoons, metaphors, stories - they are all basically the same thing - to explain the observations.

A real scientist must be empathetic, for that is what it takes to absorb a shockingly-different hypothesis without judging it, long enough to actually be able to see clearly that which is to be (later) judged for fit against the observations.

A real scientist constantly checks and rechecks the fit of these hypotheses to the observations, as new awareness and insight intervene.

There are no "right answers". All the demands on this site for "prove it, prove it, prove it" are truly imbecilic.


There are no "right anwers." There is only the relative fit - the relative consistency - of each hypothesis to the observations. (Just because a hypothesis fits best for decades, or centuries, still does not make it "right".)


I see pseudo-scientists, and hence pseudo-skeptics, as far as the eye can see in this Conspiracy section.

Why?

Because it seems that at JREF there is tremendous pressure to conform to the notion that only one hypothesis should exist (the 19-Hijacker Conspiracy Theory), and that that hypothesis is fact, until proven otherwise - of course, using standards that this selection was not subjected to.


All you one-hypothesis people - you are fakes. You are like zombies from Nazi Germany.


DA, I really know nothing about your position or your work, but I do see the monopoles - the psuedos - pressuring you to conform to a one-hypothesis world.


Is that a world you want to live in?

-----------------------------------------------

There are two hypotheses:

- NOT CONTROLLED-DEMOLITION
- CONTROLLED DEMOLITON

All that matters is which fits ALL of the observations with the fewest anomalies.


(Interesting that most here see ZERO anomalies, and actually put it in writing. Wow!)

-----------------------------------------------

Again, I'd appreciate it if you'd aim your energy at providing me with real critical input, rather than wasting it on trivial nonlinear resistors.

If you feel they make you hot, that is what resistors do - generate resistance, friction, heat. They dissipate energy. They are energy sinks. Conserve energy.


Max

Utililty Department
---
 
Last edited:
---

Devil's Advocate,

I think one of the most beautiful aspects of the scientific process is that it incorportate - (when done properly) - that highest-of-human-responses - empathy.

A real scientist observes - takes in the world.

A real scientist generates - or gathers from others - hypotheses, models, cartoons, metaphors, stories - they are all basically the same thing - to explain the observations.

A real scientist must be empathetic, for that is what it takes to absorb a shockingly-different hypothesis without judging it, long enough to actually be able to see clearly that which is to be (later) judged for fit against the observations.

Well, empathy is a good thing for normal social interaction. People without capacity for empathy either have to learn to overcome the handicap, or accept that other people don't interest them. However, empathy as such has little to do with most science. In fact, a lot of useful science involves suppressing normal empathy and normal sentiment.

Being a good therapist or parent requires empathy. On the other hand, being a good actor or even being a good teacher (playing a role) can involve suppressing empathy or lacking it to begin with.

Also, real science as the term is normally understood doesn't involve collecting stories or cartoons. It involves a hypothesis and testing it. With controls. Maybe you were thinking about folklore or standup comedy.


A real scientist constantly checks and rechecks the fit of these hypotheses to the observations, as new awareness and insight intervene.

There are no "right answers". All the demands on this site for "prove it, prove it, prove it" are truly imbecilic.

There are no "right anwers." There is only the relative fit - the relative consistency - of each hypothesis to the observations. (Just because a hypothesis fits best for decades, or centuries, still does not make it "right".)

I see pseudo-scientists, and hence pseudo-skeptics, as far as the eye can see in this Conspiracy section.

Of course, no one is forcing you to post here. But it may be the case that what you are saying doesn't merit scientific inquiry or response. Often, it takes a few posts with some technical claims before the relevant experts here respond. It takes a while. There are many different kinds of people here with different expertise.

I'm neither a scientist nor a 'true skeptic'--whatever that means.

The idea that there are no "right answers" is really absurd. Even you, Max Photon, live your life constrained by reality. Some questions have more uncertain answers than others. The vast majority of questions have right or wrong answers.

Why?

Because it seems that at JREF there is tremendous pressure to conform to the notion that only one hypothesis should exist (the 19-Hijacker Conspiracy Theory), and that that hypothesis is fact, until proven otherwise - of course, using standards that this selection was not subjected to.


All you one-hypothesis people - you are fakes. You are like zombies from Nazi Germany.


DA, I really know nothing about your position or your work, but I do see the monopoles - the psuedos - pressuring you to conform to a one-hypothesis world.


Is that a world you want to live in?

This part overstates your case with nearly every word. Um, Nazis?

Actually, this is an internet forum. No salaries are being made, no physical force exists, and no one is really in charge. So any pressure you feel is just yours to own. There are people here you could learn from.



-----------------------------------------------
There are two hypotheses:

- NOT CONTROLLED-DEMOLITION
- CONTROLLED DEMOLITON

All that matters is which fits ALL of the observations with the fewest anomalies.


(Interesting that most here see ZERO anomalies, and actually put it in writing. Wow!)

Actually, there are way more than these two. Also, anomalies will exist in any complex situation. If you look at the preponderance of evidence, it supports the idea that terrorists flew planes into the buildings, which damaged them and started fires which weakened the structures, causing them to fall.
-----------------------------------------------
Again, I'd appreciate it if you'd aim your energy at providing me with real critical input, rather than wasting it on trivial nonlinear resistors.

If you feel they make you hot, that is what resistors do - generate resistance, friction, heat. They dissipate energy. They are energy sinks. Conserve energy.


Max

Utililty Department
---

Nice bit of hypomanic whimsy at the end there. I'm all for it, elsewhere. Problem is, this is generally the wrong subject for that.
 
Finite element analysis produces cartoons - nothing more.

No, FEA provides a way of approximating real world situations by calculating the result of thousands of different computations thanks to differential calculus. If it provided only cartoons, why is it used in industry to such a huge extent?
 
Cartoons are useful.

---

Because cartoons are useful.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Max

---
 
---

Devil's Advocate,

I think one of the most beautiful aspects of the scientific process is that it incorporates - (when done properly) - that highest-of-human-responses - empathy.

A real scientist observes - takes in the world.

A real scientist generates - or gathers from others - hypotheses, models, cartoons, metaphors, stories - they are all basically the same thing - to explain the observations.

A real scientist must be empathetic, for that is what it takes to absorb a shockingly-different hypothesis without judging it, long enough to actually be able to see clearly that which is to be (later) judged for fit against the observations.

A real scientist constantly checks and rechecks the fit of these hypotheses to the observations, as new awareness and insight intervene.

There are no "right answers". All the demands on this site for "prove it, prove it, prove it" are truly imbecilic.


There are no "right anwers." There is only the relative fit - the relative consistency - of each hypothesis to the observations. (Just because a hypothesis fits best for decades, or centuries, still does not make it "right".)


I see pseudo-scientists, and hence pseudo-skeptics, as far as the eye can see in this Conspiracy section.

Why?

Because it seems that at JREF there is tremendous pressure to conform to the notion that only one hypothesis should exist (the 19-Hijacker Conspiracy Theory), and that that hypothesis is fact, until proven otherwise - of course, using standards that this selection was not subjected to.


All you one-hypothesis people - you are fakes. You are like zombies from Nazi Germany.


DA, I really know nothing about your position or your work, but I do see the monopoles - the psuedos - pressuring you to conform to a one-hypothesis world.


Is that a world you want to live in?

-----------------------------------------------

There are two hypotheses:

- NOT CONTROLLED-DEMOLITION
- CONTROLLED DEMOLITON

All that matters is which fits ALL of the observations with the fewest anomalies.


(Interesting that most here see ZERO anomalies, and actually put it in writing. Wow!)

-----------------------------------------------

Again, I'd appreciate it if you'd aim your energy at providing me with real critical input, rather than wasting it on trivial nonlinear resistors.

If you feel they make you hot, that is what resistors do - generate resistance, friction, heat. They dissipate energy. They are energy sinks. Conserve energy.


Max

Utililty Department
---
This mean you have no facts on 9/11 and no clue what was going on. Is This correct?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom