• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Anti-Virus Software

According to PC Magazine, the 2009 version is the lightest on resources out of all of the new versions tested and installs in less than a minute. I can vouch for the installation part...it was swift and painless. Got it installed in no time on my machine as well as my two roomates' (it's a 3-user license). I spose it just doesn't work well with certain machines.

A friend swears by it and claims that he also has never had a problem. However I have seen PCs slowed to near uselessness and locked up machines. These have ranged from brand new Dell's with Vista to 7 year old machines running with Win2000. So, you are probably correct, it depends on which machine and configuration. I feel that Symantec doesn't do sufficient testing.
 
I agree with the recommendation for NoScript, for newbies too as, sorta like putting on a safety helmet, it can serve as a constant yet not-obtrusive reminder that there is always the potential for something to go 'wrogn'
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom