• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Announcing SkepTours: We're going to Jamaica and Egypt!

Jeff Wagg

Illuminator
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
3,125
Location
Chicago
Greetings fellow travelers...

It's time for me to announce

SkepTours.

We've organized two trips for 2011 (so far), and we're announcing them today.

stingraycity.jpg

SkeptTour 1: Pastafarian Pilgrimage

Join us for a fun-filled adventure to the classic Caribbean ports of Miami, Jamaica’s Ocho Rios, and George Town on Grand Cayman. You and your fellow skeptics will travel aboard the elegant Celebrity Century which will serve as home-base for six days of on-shore exploration, and on-board edification. Pricing starts at just $749, and includes tips, taxes and fees!


pyramids-310.jpg
SkepTour 2: Pondering the Pyramids
Yes, it's true... we're going to Egypt. Leaving from Istanbul (2 days) aboard Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas, we'll travel to Haifa, Ashod, and then spend two days in Alexandria, Egypt. On the way back, we'll stop in Ephesus for a tour of the ruins and then back to Instanbul for a total of 10-days. Pricing starts at just $1999. Traveling with us will be an archaeologist and author of Innocents Abroad, Mark Twain.

These trips are organized by the same people who took you to the Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska and the Galapagos, but they are not officially affiliated with the JREF.

As a standard feature of every SkepTour, YOU will be given a chance to address the assembly with a talk or presentation. This was very successful on our last voyage to the Caribbean, and we saw a wide variety of interesting topics.

More information is available at http://www.skeptours.com.

I'll answer questions here or you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks for reading!
 
To explain a bit.. Mark Twain wrote Innocents Abroad, which informed a generation about the region we'll be visiting. We have a talented gentleman who is a professional Mark Twain impersonator joining us.
 
I must figure out a way to go on one of these!!


How long can someone live off of ramen noodles?

*starts budgeting*
 
So, you decided against the Jeff Wagg Expeditionary Foundation? :(
 
Well, you know, some people still think my name is made up. I've seriously had pizza orders not come through because they didn't believe me.
 
Since I decided not to take a job that would have cut my vacation time from four weeks to two, I will be able to go on a cruise next year. Now to figure out if we can possibly afford the Egypt trip...

Felicity
 
So are these going to replace the Amazing Adventures, even if they are not JREF official? I remember Egypt being mentioned as a possible AA on the last cruise.
 
Perhaps not surprisingly, I'm going to go to both of these. I'm just extra-special excited that Egypt is going to be my first >1 week vacation from work ever :)!
 
I guess I'd better get that second job as a bank robber.
 
Sign me up for Egypt, Jeff. Been wanting to see Istanbul for some time (now if you can stick a Upper Egypt side trip onto it, you'll have my undying gratitude).
 
So are these going to replace the Amazing Adventures, even if they are not JREF official? I remember Egypt being mentioned as a possible AA on the last cruise.

This is being done completely separately from the JREF. I don't know if they plan to do more Amaz!ng Adventures, but these opportunities came up and I decided to make them available.
 
Holy crap, I am SO going to the Egypt one. :eek: It's in one year? Plenty of times to start saving, people.

Edit: aww, only 2 days in Egypt? Well, the rest sounds great as well, but I'd have loved more time in Egypt to be honest.
 
Last edited:
We probably can't make the one in March, unless Brandon can convince the Navy this is a medical conference he needs to speak at. We'll start saving up for Egypt though!
 
While I may not fond of cruises, that Egyptian trip may be impossible to resist. Wonder if my Macchu Pichu roomie is looking for an Egyptian tour roommate?
 
We need his expert medical advice.. because.. Umm.. let's see. It's Jamaica. There. That's my reason.
 
Here's a question or two: How far in advance can you plan these events? Or is it possible/desirable to have one in April rather than March? The end of March is when my yearly vacation allotment starts, so most of the time, I have very few vacation days left in March. It was fluke that I had the time to go last year, as we had just signed a new contract that gave me an extra one-time week off.

If I knew about a cruise much earlier, or if one was a few weeks later, I could plan my time off much better.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom